537Re: [ccaomlcaom] library issues ahead of salem
- Oct 9, 2013My responses are below in red ink.Naomi BroeringOn Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM, <librarian@...> wrote:
David Sales of CCAOM has requested that the library committee submit an interim report on selected issues for distribution to chairpeople before the salem meeting in november. He asked specifically our views on two issues:
1. Standards for First Professional Doctorate and implications for libraries.We use APA for bibliographic references.Library maintains a copy of capstone or doctoral dis in print or electronic format.Would be useful, if there was a standard form for all libraries to follow for copyright purposes.
2. any further action on consortium issues.Try to get a consortium of our libraries to join SCLEC consortium for database discounts.
(3. Any other issues of interest.. my suggestion).It would be helpful if our libraries made their online catalog or library webpage available for public access and to support resource sharing.We use Cybertools for Libraries, excellent system. They now have a link resolver too. Low price.And NLM DOCline, and EFTS for resource sharing of ILLs. You can also join MEDLIB for free.
Please respond so that i can compile a report by October 25 to send to the executive office.
the executive office no longer supports gotomeeting. for the short term i believe email responses are the best short term solution.
Naomi C. Broering, MLS, MA
Dean of Libraries
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
7445 MIssion Valley Rd. Ste 101
San Diego, CA 92108
Ph: 619-574-6909 ext 134
- << Previous post in topic