447Re: [ccaomlcaom] some agenda items for chicago meeting
- Apr 2 12:16 PMJames, I will not be attending, but here is my input so far.1 We reveiwed the accreditation doc, looks OK. I sent a few suggestions to our VP who is attending. Needs info on Digital Libraries and Web pages.2. No comment, do not know what this is.3. Yes, We have a facebook page, but it needs fixing, somehow it got integrated with mine. Looking into this.4. No comment. we do not keep herbs5. Yes we need to proceed with consortium. I am ready to serve on this6. Our Library got OVID e Books on TCM. It looks good maybe this is one we can try to get consortium discounts for in the future.Question: How are other libraries handling doctoral dissertations, do you scan and make available? What is the copyright form your students have to sign? Would like info on this.Naomi BroeringOn Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM, jamesemdy <librarian@...> wrote:
the meeting of the library committee of CCAOM takes place on April 26, Thursday, 6:30 pm CST at the North Shore Westin, Chicago. I assume telephone connection will be available. Here are some suggestions for agenda items:
1. Consideration of the accreditation document, which may be ready for a vote by the full council to submit ti ACAOM.
2. Informational discussion of using mixed method qualitative/quantitative research methods in Oriental medicine.
3. Discussion of OM libraries and social media: does your library have a facebook account?
4. Role of libraries in researching/maintaining information on herbal compounds, vendor reliability, etc.
5. Progress report on library committee presence in CCAOM.NET.
6. Consideration of past unresolved issues, e.g. formation of a consortium. On this issue I feel that if we are to proceed, we need a fully involved committee to work on this.
Supporting documents will be provided as needed. Please comment and make suggestions. Thank you.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
Naomi C. Broering, MLS, MA
Dean of Libraries
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
7445 MIssion Valley Rd. Ste 101
San Diego, CA 92108
Ph: 619-574-6909 ext 134
- << Previous post in topic