      From: ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Candise Branum
      Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 1:01 PM
      To: ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [ccaomlcaom] Library Visitors from the Public Community

      We are open to the public, and allow local practitioners to apply for a library card ($35/year) which gives them the ability to check out print materials. But anyone is allowed to come in and use the library in person – we don’t check IDs or monitor anyone. We are going to be moving to downtown Portland, and I’ve also been thinking about this issue (and the issue of safety in general), so I’m super interested in hearing what you decide to do and what your reasons are for changing policy.

      Candise Branum, MLIS

      College Librarian

      Oregon College of Oriental Medicine

      10525 SE Cherry Blossom Drive

      Portland, OR 97216

      503-253-3443 ext.134 | www.library.ocom.edu

      Transforming healthcare by educating highly skilled
      and compassionate practitioners, providing exemplary
      patient care, and engaging in innovative researc h
      within a community of service and healing.