353RE: [ccaomlcaom] What ILS do you use?

  • Library
    Jul 11 9:53 AM

      Hello, Andi:

      Our library uses LibraryWorld (libraryworld.com), but I do not recommend it.  While it works on a very basic level (checking items in and out), it is not truly an ILS.  For example, you must go through a lot of steps to place a reserve on an item for a patron, and then often you are not flagged that there is a reserve when you check the item in.  Also, I’ve encountered several bugs that the company is working on fixing some day, such as a bug that causes the catalog to calculate fines incorrectly after daylight savings time goes into effect.  The company mostly communicates through email and is fairly responsive in general, but I’ve found they often do not have a definite answer or a solution to problems I’ve run into.  I, too, am interested in hearing from others regarding a reliable ILS.

      I hope this information helps.

      All the best,

      Andrea Anzalone, MLIS

      Library Manager