250Docline membership

  • jimemdy
    Feb 24 11:08 AM
      Forwarded message from Yosan University. I think this is an excellent idea and will be a topic for april meeting.

      From:
      Library <library@...>
      Add to Contacts
      To: jimemdy@...

      Dear Jim,

      I am the librarian at Yo San University here in Los Angeles and recently set up Docline services through UCLA. The director there mentioned that it is possible to set up a "Library Group" to route requests to for inter-library loan through the Docline service. In addition the request will go to other institutions stipulated in an individual library's routing table. The advantage to having a Library Group, as I understand, would mean that fees for transmission could be waived or at least minimalised, and that some of the more TCM related requests may have a stronger chance of being found within our specialized libraries.

      Therefore, my question to you is do you think it would be something to put forth to the TCM Library Consortium on the yahoo groups? I think that this offers another way for our libraries to be connected and share our resources.

      If you would like to speak to the representative at UCLA directly her name is Julie Kwan jkkwan@... or feel free to contact me with further questions.

      Kind Regards,

      Sage
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic