207RE: [ccaomlcaom] october meeting in idaho

  • David Sale
    Sep 2, 2009

      Hello All:

                  I will explore the option of having a telephone speaker device in the meeting room during the meeting. If the cost is not prohibitive, the Council can do this. I’ll be back in touch.

      David

      David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

      3909 National Drive

      Suite 125

      Burtonsville, MD 20866

      Telephone:  301-476-7791

      Fax:  301-476-7792

      E-mail: executivedirector@...

      From: jimemdy@yahoo. com
      Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 19:31:17 +0000
      Subject: [ccaomlcaom] october meeting in idaho

      a reminder that the fall meeting of LCAOM will be on October 21st, Wednesday at 1:30 pm at the Coeur d'Alene Golf and Spa Resort:

      two major agenda items are proposed:

      1. Establishment of a thesaurus of medical terms not adequately defined by existing subject lists such as NLM, LC, MeSH, etc.

      2. Discussion of library's role in advancing literature competency for students and faculty. I hope to present a report about this from staff at Five Branches University.

      No real action has been taken regarding formation of a library consortium. we should evaluate where we are and what we want to do.

      more documentation will follow later.

      hope to see you in Idaho. Is there interest in seeking some kind of remote communication for those not able to travel to Idaho?

      Jim Emdy
      Chair