128Re: [ccaomlcaom] Re: april meeting in san francisco
- Apr 1, 2008thank you for your response. I don't think we can set up such a webcast. i understand that it may not even be possible to set up some kind of conference call arrangement for some other committee due to expense.
thorns2go <rhawthorne@...> wrote:Hello to all,
I will not be able to attend the meeting. Any chance that a webinar
(for example) could be set up? There are several who will not be
able to attend but are still interested.
Thanks to Jim for the many postings. I have found them to be very
As for the request info. - here goes.
1. We do not have a research program or doctoral program here. We
have a masters level acupuncture and massage therapy (both Chinese
and Western) program.
2. Online journal and resource materials: I found that Association
of Academic and Research Libraries (ACRL) has an extensive
collection of suggested internet resources posted for Complementary
and alternative medicine. I am wanting to set up a library website,
within the the school's website, that can include these suggested
links as additional resources.
3. I for one am benefiting from this group collaboration.
4. I prefer the idea of moving on into online catalog versus the
unionization method. I am still trying to get approval to post the
5. Collection: Covers all programs offered here.
Approx. 1,000 titles plus journals and a small AV collection.
6. Catolog software, currently, is ResourceMate 2.0 (I do not
7. Staff: I am solo librarian (currently a MLIS student). I also
double as the school's admin. assistant.
8. Student enrollment is 200.
Hope that helps!
--- In ccaomlcaom@yahoogro ups.com, "emd89bz" <emd89bz@... > wrote:
> Here is the schedule for the library committee meeting in San
> Francisco in april:
> CCAOM Meeting Information
> The Spring Meeting of the Council will be held
> April 30 - May 3, 2008 at the Hotel Kabuki in San Francisco
> (Additional information will be posted to the schedule as it
> DATE TIME EVENT LOCATION
> April 30
> 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm Library Committee
> Here is a suggested agenda:
> 1. Impact of doctoral program decisions on library resources.
> 2. Current awareness journal/resource materials: Can it all be
> 3. Continued efforts at cooperation and mutual assistance.
> 4. Internet vs "Union" connections: Libraries sharing the same
> software, e.g. Libraryworld, can share catalog records.
> 5. Overview of library sizes, collection, etc.
> To this end, I would like each member of the group to let me know
> some basic information about the library:
> Number of titles
> Number of total physical volumes
> Software used to catalog and manage the collection
> number of staff
> Professional librarian: on site?
> number of students served
> Hope to see many of you in San Francisco in April.
> Jim Emdy
You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>