128Re: [ccaomlcaom] Re: april meeting in san francisco

    Apr 1, 2008
      thank you for your response.  I don't think we can set up such a webcast. i understand that it may not even be possible to set up some kind of conference call arrangement for some other committee due to expense.

      thorns2go <rhawthorne@...> wrote:
      Hello to all,
      I will not be able to attend the meeting. Any chance that a webinar
      (for example) could be set up? There are several who will not be
      able to attend but are still interested.

      Thanks to Jim for the many postings. I have found them to be very
      helpful.

      As for the request info. - here goes.
      1. We do not have a research program or doctoral program here. We
      have a masters level acupuncture and massage therapy (both Chinese
      and Western) program.

      2. Online journal and resource materials: I found that Association
      of Academic and Research Libraries (ACRL) has an extensive
      collection of suggested internet resources posted for Complementary
      and alternative medicine. I am wanting to set up a library website,
      within the the school's website, that can include these suggested
      links as additional resources.

      3. I for one am benefiting from this group collaboration.

      4. I prefer the idea of moving on into online catalog versus the
      unionization method. I am still trying to get approval to post the
      catalog online.

      5. Collection: Covers all programs offered here.
      Approx. 1,000 titles plus journals and a small AV collection.

      6. Catolog software, currently, is ResourceMate 2.0 (I do not
      recommend!!)

      7. Staff: I am solo librarian (currently a MLIS student). I also
      double as the school's admin. assistant.

      8. Student enrollment is 200.

      Hope that helps!