125Re: [ccaomlcaom] april meeting in san francisco

  • mahate rose
    Mar 28, 2008

      Oops sorry for sending my note to Jim across the airwaves to everyone!

      Thanks,
      Mahate Osborn

      emd89bz <emd89bz@...> wrote:
      Here is the schedule for the library committee meeting in San
      Francisco in april:
      CCAOM Meeting Information
      The Spring Meeting of the Council will be held
      April 30 - May 3, 2008 at the Hotel Kabuki in San Francisco
      (Additional information will be posted to the schedule as it becomes
      available)

      DATE TIME EVENT LOCATION
      Wednesday
      April 30
      1:30 pm - 5:00 pm Library Committee

      Here is a suggested agenda:
      1. Impact of doctoral program decisions on library resources.
      2. Current awareness journal/resource materials: Can it all be done
      online?
      3. Continued efforts at cooperation and mutual assistance.
      4. Internet vs "Union" connections: Libraries sharing the same
      software, e.g. Libraryworld, can share catalog records.
      5. Overview of library sizes, collection, etc.
      To this end, I would like each member of the group to let me know
      some basic information about the library:
      Number of titles
      Number of total physical volumes
      Software used to catalog and manage the collection
      number of staff
      Professional librarian: on site?
      number of students served

      Hope to see many of you in San Francisco in April.