122RE: [ccaomlcaom] april meeting in san francisco

  • David Sale
    Mar 28, 2008

      Dear LCAOM Members:

                  This will follow-up from a previous e-mail I recently sent to the committee in response to Dan’s query below about the possibility of having a conference call phone device in the LCAOM committee room in San Francisco.  After checking with the hotel, the charges for renting a conference phone device for the committee meeting, and particularly the long distance line charges that would have to be paid by the Council (billed by the hotel) for the length of the meeting, would be beyond what the Council has budgeted for this meeting.  The hotel advises that it would be necessary for the committee and each outside caller to dial-in to a conference call vendor with an assigned number and password.  The CCAOM Executive Committee does this periodically when it meets by conference call and the charges for only an hour or so can be substantial.  LCAOM is scheduled to meet for 3 ½ hours.

      I am sorry that we cannot do this as I realize that many schools do not send their librarians to these meetings.   At the same time, the CCAOM Yahoo Group for LCAOM members is the most active of all the CCAOM Yahoo groups and perhaps through that forum committee members can move forward on the committee’s agenda.

      David M. Sale

      3909 National Drive

      Suite 125

      Burtonsville, MD 20866