121Re: [ccaomlcaom] April meeting in san francisco

    Mar 21, 2008
      the entire collection

      Della Shupe <dshupe@...> wrote:
      Thank you, Jim. I'm afraid that I won't be able to attend the meeting in San Francisco. I would really like to meet all of you, but I can't this year.

      I am happy to provide the information you requested, but I'm wondering if you want the stats for the whole collection and student body or just for the AOM materials and students?

      Thanks.

      Della Shupe

      Della Shupe
      Director of Library Services
      Greenawalt Library
      Northwestern Health Sciences University
      2501 West 84th Street
      Bloomington, MN 55431
      (952) 885-5417 dshupe@nwhealth. edu

      >>> "emd89bz" <emd89bz@yahoo. com> 3/19/2008 3:43 PM >>>
      Here is the schedule for the library committee meeting in San
      Francisco in april:
      CCAOM Meeting Information
      The Spring Meeting of the Council will be held
      April 30 - May 3, 2008 at the Hotel Kabuki in San Francisco
      (Additional information will be posted to the schedule as it becomes
      available)

      DATE TIME EVENT LOCATION
      Wednesday
      April 30
      1:30 pm - 5:00 pm Library Committee

      Here is a suggested agenda:
      1. Impact of doctoral program decisions on library resources.
      2. Current awareness journal/resource materials: Can it all be done
      online?
      3. Continued efforts at cooperation and mutual assistance.
      4. Internet vs "Union" connections: Libraries sharing the same
      software, e.g. Libraryworld, can share catalog records.
      5. Overview of library sizes, collection, etc.
      To this end, I would like each member of the group to let me know
      some basic information about the library:
      Number of titles
      Number of total physical volumes
      Software used to catalog and manage the collection
      number of staff
      Professional librarian: on site?
      number of students served

      Hope to see many of you in San Francisco in April.