FCW->SVG C++ Progress

  • BC Holmes
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2012
      I spent more time on this over the weekend. I think my current progress
      is good. I'd say that I've currently ported 80-85% of the Java code to
      C++. Here's my To-do list:

      1. Additional fill types (symbol patterns, brush patterns)
      2. Process the interesting Info Blocks (fills, fonts, and layers)
      3. Put the parts onto layers
      4. Finish porting multi-polys

      And after that, I need to tackle this:

      5. Convert the library into a CC3 XP.

      So far, not much has been hard, just laborious. I've been compiling
      most of my code on my Mac, so I tripped up a bit with the Symbol
      References -- there's a pointer in the entity structure that's bigger on
      my 64-bit OS, and it threw off my symbol placement. But I got past that.

      By this time next weekend, I should have an alpha version to try out.

      BCing you
      --
      B.C. Holmes \u2625 http://www.bcholmes.org/
      "All my life I've wanted to be somebody; I guess I should've been
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2012

        I would suggest starting on #5 before doing #2 (info blocks) and #3 (layers). Once you run as an XP you have full access to the API functions. To get the layer name for the an entity you would call:

        char *layername = GetLayerName(pEntRec->CStuff.ELayer);

        There is no need to read the layer info block. There are similar functions for many of the other info blocks as well.

        BTW, my guess is that CC3 sheets maps better to layers in other programs and that it is probably a good idea to convert CC3 sheets into SVG layers. The CC3 layers can be used as class names.

        Peter

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2012
          On 12-03-26 3:01 AM, Peter Olsson wrote:
          > I would suggest starting on #5 before doing #2 (info blocks) and #3
          > (layers).

          Okay. I started some work on this tonight. I ran through Lee's
          excellent tutorial about starting an XP in Visual Studio (I'm not a big
          Visual Studio user, and what little work i've done with it has been C#
          development). The tutorial mostly went off without a hitch. Thanks,
          Lee, for such great documentation!

          There do seem to be a number of different versions of the XP development
          kit floating around. I downloaded one from Evolution's site, but some
          of the #defines weren't included in some of those header files.

          But all is well -- there was a link in a previous email of this mailing
          list to the latest XP. So I think I'm good.

          > BTW, my guess is that CC3 sheets maps better to layers in other programs
          > and that it is probably a good idea to convert CC3 sheets into SVG layers.
          > The CC3 layers can be used as class names.

          Awesome! Thanks for that advice!

          BCing you