How do you open a text window?

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
      Many commands (LIST, NOTES, etc) open a new child window to display the text.

      Is there any commands built into the toolkit that I can use to reproduce this capability?

      I've scanned through the files and I cannot find the command(s) on my own, so any help would be appreciated.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2010

        Try this code:

        void _stdcall TextWin(void);

        void _stdcall TWRcvInit(void);

        void _stdcall TWRcvEnd(void);

        static void XPCALL EnumerateText(void)

        {

          int iNum=5;

          FORMSTPKT(lpszLine, "User message: !01\r\n", 1)

            {(DWORD *)&iNum, FT_UDec4, FJ_Var, 0, 0},

          FORMSTEND

          TWRcvInit();

          FormSt(&lpszLine, RSC(FD_TxWin));

          TWRcvEnd();

          __asm clc;

        }

        void XPCALL TestCmd(void)

        {

          TXWIN TxWin={sizeof(TXWIN), (DWORD)NULL, (DWORD)"Sample report", TWF_Single,

            (DWORD)EnumerateText, (float).1, (float).3, (float).95, (float).9, 0,0,1,0,0,0,1};

          DWORD TxAdr=(DWORD)&TxWin;

          __asm mov esi, TxAdr;

          TextWin();

          CmdEnd();

        }

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2010
          Wow!  Thanks.

          L. Lee Saunders

          "It was only a partial solution, of course, as solutions usually are, and addressed only one specific problem, as solutions usually do. But, as was often also true, it opened the door—if only a crack—for the multitude of solutions to follow."
          1632 - Eric Flint

          my blog: http://oldschooldotnet.blogspot.com
          Taking Dot Net "Old School" - Playing with old ideas/concepts using the newest tools!

          To: cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com