RE: [cc2-dev-l] VS Compiler issue

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2010
      OK, I built the install package on a simple little C++/cli dll and told it to include dependancies. It pulled in 2 files:

      c:\program files\common files\merge modules\microsoft_vc90_debugcrt_x86.msm
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules\policy_9_0_Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_x86.msm

      I ran the install and CC3 ran the simple little C++/cli dll. I manually copied over my dlls and lo and behold they worked now to. So to get it to work I needed these two files.

      My question is now, why did the distro file not add these?

      L. Lee Saunders

      "It was only a partial solution, of course, as solutions usually are, and addressed only one specific problem, as solutions usually do. But, as was often also true, it opened the door—if only a crack—for the multitude of solutions to follow."
      1632 - Eric Flint

      my blog: http://oldschooldotnet.blogspot.com
      Taking Dot Net "Old School" - Playing with old ideas/concepts using the newest tools!

      To: cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com
      From: saunderl@...
      Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:59:04 -0500
      Subject: RE: [cc2-dev-l] VS Compiler issue

      Hi Mike,

      Sorry I was not completely truthfull.  I guess it is not a completely clean install.  It has CC3 and CC3-Update 8.  Update 8 installed the VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist package.

      Since I believe in trust but verifiy, I went to the "Control Panel\Programs\ Programs and Features" page and there are Five applications listed:

      CC3
      CC3 Update 8
      FastCAD
      Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
      Virtual PC Intergration Components

      Since I was unsure that 9.0.30729.17 is the latest version, I tried to donwload from your link.  The App offered only repair and uninstall.  Just to cover 100% of my bases, I had it repair.

      Still no luck ... still the same error from CC3.

      Because of the dynamic compiler switch, do I need to do something more than just copy the dll into CC3's root directory?  Do I need to somehow create an install package?  Hmm, maybe I'll try an install package and see what happens.