VS Compiler issue

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2010
      A clean Win/7 install does not have the VC runtime dll's installed. You
      need to provide vcredist_x86.exe and run it on the clean install box to put
      these in the right place, and set up the necessary side-by-side information.

      You can get it from:

      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&displaylang=en
      <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&displaylang=en>

      or google vcredist_x86.exe

      Mike Riddle
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2010
        Hi Mike,

        Sorry I was not completely truthfull.  I guess it is not a completely clean install.  It has CC3 and CC3-Update 8.  Update 8 installed the VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist package.

        Since I believe in trust but verifiy, I went to the "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" page and there are Five applications listed:

        CC3
        CC3 Update 8
        FastCAD
        Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
        Virtual PC Intergration Components

        Since I was unsure that 9.0.30729.17 is the latest version, I tried to donwload from your link.  The App offered only repair and uninstall.  Just to cover 100% of my bases, I had it repair.

        Still no luck ... still the same error from CC3.

        Because of the dynamic compiler switch, do I need to do something more than just copy the dll into CC3's root directory?  Do I need to somehow create an install package?  Hmm, maybe I'll try an install package and see what happens.

        L. Lee Saunders

        "It was only a partial solution, of course, as solutions usually are, and addressed only one specific problem, as solutions usually do. But, as was often also true, it opened the door—if only a crack—for the multitude of solutions to follow."
        1632 - Eric Flint

        my blog: http://oldschooldotnet.blogspot.com
        Taking Dot Net "Old School" - Playing with old ideas/concepts using the newest tools!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2010
          OK, I built the install package on a simple little C++/cli dll and told it to include dependancies. It pulled in 2 files:

          c:\program files\common files\merge modules\microsoft_vc90_debugcrt_x86.msm
          C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules\policy_9_0_Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_x86.msm

          I ran the install and CC3 ran the simple little C++/cli dll. I manually copied over my dlls and lo and behold they worked now to. So to get it to work I needed these two files.

          My question is now, why did the distro file not add these?

          To: cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com