Getting information about CD3 map

  • eric.johannsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2010
      Hi all,

      I would like to find a way to list (e.g. in a text file) each structure, the name of the CD3 house/symbol it was created from, and it's position, rotation and scale on the map.

      Is that feasible to extract that information? Pointers on how to go about it?

      Thanks!
    • Ralf Schemmann
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2010
        Hello Eric,

        do a LIST command on all the structures in the map. Click on the little T in the top left of the window that comes up. You can save the LIST info as a text file from there.

        Now, if you're looking to do this in an automated way as a command, I'm unfortunately the wrong person to ask. :P

        Ciao,
        Ralf

        --
        Ralf Schemmann
        ProFantasy Software
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 20, 2010
          Ralf,

          Thanks, that will do in a pinch. I did not see a way to cut and paste the text from the LIST command and this should work.

          Anyone:

          I would like to automate this, though. I followed the tutorial at

          http://home.windstream.net/ls15426/Tutorial3.htm

          for wrapping FCW32.lib in .NET code, unfortunately without success. Visual Studio 2008 SP1 keeps crashing when I try to compile my code.

          Is there a DLL available that wraps FCW32.lib so that I could import it directly to C#?

          Thanks,

          Eric

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 20, 2010
            Eric,

            Hmmm ... I've been coding with Visual Studio 2008 sp1 since it was released and I've been able to compile for both CC2 & CC3.  If you want to, you can zip up your solution directory and email it to me.

            I can at least determine if it is an issue with your VS installation somehow or if I can see any obvious problem.

            L. Lee Saunders

            "It was only a partial solution, of course, as solutions usually are, and addressed only one specific problem, as solutions usually do. But, as was often also true, it opened the door—if only a crack—for the multitude of solutions to follow."
            1632 - Eric Flint

            my blog: http://oldschooldotnet.blogspot.com
            Taking Dot Net "Old School" - Playing with old ideas/concepts using the newest tools!