Random Dungeons: The Next Generation

  • dalton_spence
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2006
      I've been giving some thought about adapting Jamis Buck's Random
      Dungeon algorithms (http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon_design.html) to
      produce a CC3 script, but I'm divided on how to about it. Should I
      write my own code from scratch based on the algorithms described on
      the above webpage, use his JBMaze class for steps I and II and my own
      code for the rest, or just adapt his JBDungeonpaint class to output a
      script file from his JBDungeon object? What would be the pros and cons
      of each? (See http://www.aarg.net/~minam/downloads/dungeon_src.zip for
      the relevant source code.)

      --

      Dalton "who's caught between laziness and the urge to tinker" Spence