Guidelines on CC2/3 interfacing?

  • kmcneece+kindred-games.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2006
      I am looking at doing some interfacing with another program and cc2/3
      (when I get three).. I am looking for input as to what are the
      guidelines over all for distributing a program that interfaces with CC/x
      (this would be a configed option for a user of the program , if they had
      no cc/x then no option of course).

      This would not in any way distrubute profantasy symbols etc.. any
      additional symbols need would be original designs.

      Looking forward to a response

      --
      Kevin McNeece

      http://fieldsoffireonline.com The premiere Vietnam Wargame site

      http://www.bouldercity.kindred-games.net/index.php Boulder City, all things for gaming the Wild West in miniature.
    • Sam Robinson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006

        Kevin,

        This forum is not really the best way to get the information that you’re looking for. You really should contact Profantasy directly regarding this. The contact information is at http://profantasy.com. This forum is really a peer-helping-peer group. We do have good presence from folks working at/with Profantasy, but you can’t really consider this to be a good venue for what Profantasy will consider fair use.

        From what I’ve seen with various products, particularly the fine material from Code Monkey, I would think that they would be glad to work something out. But this is best discussed with them.

        Sam Robinson

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006
          Sam Robinson wrote:

          > Kevin,
          >
          > This forum is not really the best way to get the information that
          > you’re looking for. You really should contact Profantasy directly
          > regarding this. The contact information is at http://profantasy.com
          > <http://profantasy.com/>. This forum is really a peer-helping-peer
          > group. We do have good presence from folks working at/with Profantasy,
          > but you can’t really consider this to be a good venue for what
          > Profantasy will consider fair use.
          >
          > From what I’ve seen with various products, particularly the fine
          > material from Code Monkey, I would think that they would be glad to
          > work something out. But this is best discussed with them.
          >
          > Sam Robinson

          Thanks Sam .. will do . I am hoping to be able to get permission to
          allow a program we are writing to interface with CCx (if the user has
          it, if not all stuff will be handled internally). Thought this muight be
          a good area as I know many of the profantasy types are here on occasion.
          Will email directly.
        • Bruce Carson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006
            Depending upon what functionality you need (e.g. display vs edit), Your
            customers may just need the CCx Viewer:

            http://www.profantasy.com/library/dpv.asp