CC3 XP intreface - was New XP Programming Tutorial - #4

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2005
      > Dalton "hoping the CC3 XP interface isn't too different" Spence

      The CC3 interface is exactly the same. For some XP's you will need to add
      ShowChanges() in order for stuff to be displayed before ending the command.

      It is not very common. The add-ons for CC3 has a total of 44 calls to
      ShowChanges() and that is a lot of commands (some quite advanced).

      CC3 also get some new functionality with bitmaps, filters etc. See previous
      posts.

      Peter
    • Dalton Spence
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2005

        >> Dalton "hoping the CC3 XP interface isn't too different" Spence
        >
        >The CC3 interface is exactly the same. For some XP's you will need to add
        >ShowChanges() in order for stuff to be displayed before ending the command.

        >It is not very common. The add-ons for CC3 has a total of 44 calls to
        >ShowChanges() and that is a lot of commands (some quite advanced).
        >
        >CC3 also get some new functionality with bitmaps, filters etc. See previous

        >posts.
        >
        >Peter

        You don't know how relieved that makes me. I'm just getting into XP writing,
        and it's good to know the existing reference material isn't going to be obsolete
        before I get up to speed. Speaking of which, is there an XP Toolkit update a
        bit more recent than 11/21/2001?

        --

        Dalton "who used to be a pretty good programmer" Spence
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2005
          > Speaking of which, is there an XP Toolkit update
          > a bit more recent than 11/21/2001?

          As long as you do normal stuff with CC2 you will be ok with this toolkit.
          You have to dwell really deep before you need anything newer for CC2.

          For CC3 you will need to update even though you can do a lot of basic stuff
          with the old toolkit.