Toolkit for CC3

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2005
      Hi all,

      The coming CC3 version (currently in beta testing) will require changes in
      some XP:s. I have uploaded a zip file with the new files in my version of
      the CC3 toolkit. You will find it at:

      http://www.pkdata.se/xp/download/xpdev-cc3.zip

      It only includes the new xpdev directory. I have to work with two versions
      on my computer so I have put the new toolkit in a separate directory. If you
      are only going to work with CC3 you can overwrite your existing files. See
      Lee's tutorial on how to set up your toolkit.

      CC3 uses a (temporary) background bitmap during the redraw process. When the
      redraw is finished the bitmap is displayed. This is why you don't see
      anything happening during the redraw in CC3. The background image is
      displayed automatically on exiting a XP command with CmdEnd(); If you want
      to show the background bitmap in the middle of a command you need to tell
      CC3 to do this. The command is:

      void ShowChanges(void);

      There are some commands that will need to call ShowChanges. For example the
      line command will draw a line segment and then ask the user for a point to
      continue to. If you don't add ShowChanges the user will not see any line
      segments until he or she exits the command (and CmdEnd is executed).

      The main new thing in CC3 is the new bitmap support. You will find all
      function prototypes in _IImage.h. If anyone starts a project that will use
      this functionality let me know and we can go through it step by step on this
      list.

      New in CC3 is also bitmap filters. You can write your own bitmap filters and
      add to CC3. Anyone interested?

      I have probably forgotten a lot of important information. Just ask your
      questions here and we will try to answer them.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
        <<
        New in CC3 is also bitmap filters. You can write your own bitmap filters and
        add to CC3. Anyone interested?

        Joe Slayton has done a few of these, and may be prepared to post some tips.
        Simon
      • Joseph Slayton
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
          Sure! Tips:

          Select an image processing algorithm to give the desired effect.
          Use Peter's example DLL framework and implement the algorithm.
          Optimize for speed. Faster is better here.

          That's about it as far as tips go.
          Joe Slayton

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2005
            Guess I have to post the sample DLL... :-)

            It is now available on:

            http://www.pkdata.se/xp/download/Transparency.c

            It is the c-source code for the Transparency filter. Just compile it into a
            DLL and copy it to the CC3\Filters directory.

            As long as you use the correct calling conversion and data structures you
            should be able to use any language...

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
              I have updated the Transparency.c file with the latest version.
              The only new stuff is in the FILTERDATA structure which adds information
              about the (global) sun settings.

              I think the corresponding version of the Effects.dll is available in the lab
              on the annual subscription area.