3 XP Tutorials Now Available

    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 28, 2005
      Everyone,

      I now have three tutorials introducing CC2 XP development using the free Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

      Tutorial #1: Setting Up the environment.
      Tutorial #2: Producing your first Win32 CC2 XP.
      Tutorial #3: Writing your first .Net Framework CC2 XP.

      Hopefully by next weekend I will have Tutorial #4 written.  #4 introduces the ability to call C# from C++!

      Lee
    • Charles Sykora
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 28, 2005
        Everyone should try these. I've been through the first tutorial, and
        it works great. We need XP developers, and it's not that hard (okay,
        Lee helped me work my first one over a year ago). Go ahead, give it a
        shot! I'm a Mac guy, so if I can do Windows development, anyone can.
        --Dale--

        On Nov 28, 2005, at 5:14 PM, L. Lee Saunders wrote:

        > Everyone,
        >
        > I now have three tutorials introducing CC2 XP development using the
        > free Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.
        >
        > Tutorial #1: Setting Up the environment.
        > Tutorial #2: Producing your first Win32 CC2 XP.
        > Tutorial #3: Writing your first .Net Framework CC2 XP.
        >
        > Hopefully by next weekend I will have Tutorial #4 written.  #4
        > introduces the ability to call C# from C++!
        >
        > Lee

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > ▪  Visit your group "cc2-dev-l" on the web.

        > Service.

      • amdobritt
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 5, 2005
          Lee, I'm willing to change the tutorials into a single pdf and put it
          up in the files section, then add to it as more tutorials are
          available.

          Anna M. Dobritt
          Cartography Unlimited for RPGs
          http://www.rpgcartography.com
          The Explorers' Guild
          http://www.theexplorersguild.net

          --- In cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com, "L. Lee Saunders" <saunderl@h...>

          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 5, 2005

            Anna,

            Any way to get the “word” out would be greatly appreciated.  Have your tried one yet?

            Lee

            wrote:

            > Everyone,

            > I now have three tutorials introducing CC2 XP development using the
            free
            > Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

            > Tutorial #1: Setting Up the environment.
            > Tutorial #2: Producing your first Win32 CC2 XP.
            > Tutorial #3: Writing your first .Net Framework CC2 XP.

            > Hopefully by next weekend I will have Tutorial #4 written.  #4
            introduces
            > the ability to call C# from C++!

            > Lee

          • amdobritt
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 6, 2005
              I'll be trying out one this weekend. Have some work I have to finish
              up first.

              What I could do is create the pdf then host the download from my site
              and put out an announcement on the list. I'd set up a separate page
              with a link to your site as well. This way everyone would be able to
              download it and give it a try.

              Having screenshots is excellent since it allows a person to see what
              needs to be done and how it should look.

              wrote:

              > Anna,
              >

              > Any way to get the "word" out would be greatly appreciated. Have
              your tried
              > one yet?
              >

              > Lee
              >

              > _____

              On Behalf
              > Of amdobritt
              > Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 3:42 PM
              > To: cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [cc2-dev-l] Re: 3 XP Tutorials Now Available
              >

              > Lee, I'm willing to change the tutorials into a single pdf and put
              it
              > up in the files section, then add to it as more tutorials are
              > available.
              >
              > Anna M. Dobritt
              > Cartography Unlimited for RPGs
              > http://www.rpgcartography.com
              > The Explorers' Guild
              > http://www.theexplorersguild.net
              >

              > --- In cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com, "L. Lee Saunders" <saunderl@h...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Everyone,
              > >
              > > I now have three tutorials introducing CC2 XP development using
              the
              > free
              > > Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.
              > >
              > > Tutorial #1: Setting Up the environment.
              > > Tutorial #2: Producing your first Win32 CC2 XP.
              > > Tutorial #3: Writing your first .Net Framework CC2 XP.
              > >
              > > Hopefully by next weekend I will have Tutorial #4 written. #4
              > introduces
              > > the ability to call C# from C++!
              > >
              > > Lee

              > Cc2
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Cc2&w1=Cc2&w2=Campaign+cartographer&c=2
              > &s=36&.sig=JVTcMD6lCGqshgOYmByfvg>
              >
              > Campaign
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Campaign+cartographer&w1=Cc2&w2=Campaig

              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 6, 2005
                Anna,

                Great!  I'm thinking that another download that might help would be if someone would zip up the project files and source code for each tutorial. Anyone want to have their project files zipped up for others to learn from?

                Lee

                wrote:

                > Anna,
                >

                > Any
                way to get the "word" out would be greatly appreciated.  Have
                your tried
                > one yet?
                >

                > Lee
                >

                >   _____
                >
                > From:
                cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto:cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com]
                On Behalf
                > Of amdobritt
                > Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 3:42
                PM
                > To: cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [cc2-dev-l] Re: 3 XP
                Tutorials Now Available

                > Lee, I'm
                willing to change the tutorials into a single pdf and put
                it
                > up in
                the files section, then add to it as more tutorials are

                available.

                > Anna M. Dobritt
                > Cartography Unlimited for
                RPGs

                href="http://www.rpgcartography.com">http://www.rpgcartography.com

                The Explorers' Guild

                href="http://www.theexplorersguild.net">http://www.theexplorersguild.net

                > --- In cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com, "L. Lee Saunders"
                <saunderl@h...>
                > wrote:

                Everyone,

                > > I now have three tutorials
                introducing CC2 XP development using
                the
                > free
                > > Visual
                C++ 2005 Express Edition.

                > > Tutorial #1: Setting
                Up the environment.
                > > Tutorial #2: Producing your first Win32 CC2
                XP.
                > > Tutorial #3: Writing your first .Net Framework CC2 XP.
                > >
                > > Hopefully by next weekend I will have Tutorial #4
                written.  #4
                > introduces
                > > the ability to call C# from
                C++!

                cc2-dev-l@e...

                href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Cc2&w1=Cc2&w2=Campaign+cartographer&c=2

                &s=36&.sig=JVTcMD6lCGqshgOYmByfvg>

                Campaign
                > <
                href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                t=ms&k=Campaign+cartographer&w1=Cc2&w2=Campaig

                n+cartographer&c=2&s=36&.sig=vD8eoLNOebG8jJOM5T6XGw>  cartographer

                >   _____
                >
                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                *      Visit your group "cc2-dev-l
                > <
                href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cc2-dev-l">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cc2-dev-l> " on the web.

                unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                > *      Your use of Yahoo!
                Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
                href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.

                _____

                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 6, 2005
                  Peter,

                  I have an XP that calls SetVar. My simple macro looks like this

                  MACRO MYMACRO
                  MYXPCOMMAND;letter
                  TEXTM letter
                  ENDM

                  This works great but I want to be able to end the macro or effect the flow of the macro from the XP.  I've tried this:

                  MACRO MYMACRO
                  MYXPCOMMAND;letter
                  IFDEF letter J_GOOD
                  GOTO J_BAD
                  :J_GOOD
                  TEXM letter
                  :j_BAD
                  ENDM

                  I would think that this would work but it doesn't.  What am I missing?

                  Lee
                • Charles Sykora
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 6, 2005
                    Lee, as you know, I've done each one of them and would be happy to zip
                    my project files. Just tell me where to send them.
                    --Dale--

                  • saul012000
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 6, 2005
                      Dale,

                      How about if you put them in this goups "files" section?

                      Lee

                      --- In cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com, Charles Sykora
                      <charlesdsykora@m...> wrote:

                      > Lee, as you know, I've done each one of them and would be happy to
                      zip
                      > my project files. Just tell me where to send them.
                      > --Dale--
                      >
                      > On Dec 6, 2005, at 11:33 AM, L. Lee Saunders wrote:
                      >
                      > > Anna,
                      > >
                      > > Great!  I'm thinking that another download that might help
                      would be if
                      > > someone would zip up the project files and source code for each
                      > > tutorial. Anyone want to have their project files zipped up for
                      others
                      > > to learn from?
                      > >
                      > > Lee

                      subject=Unsubscribe>

                      > > > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
                      > > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.
                      > > >

                      > > >   _____

                      > > Cc2
                      > > Campaign cartographer
                      > >
                      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                      > >
                      > > ▪  Visit your group "cc2-dev-l" on the web.
                      > >
                      > > ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                      > >
                      > > ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
                      Terms of

                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
                        What does MYXPCOMMAND do?
                        Simon

                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005

                          I have never used IFDEF so I’m not sure how it is supposed to work. From the help file it looks like your code should have worked…

                          I usually set the macro error flag and use IFERR to jump.

                          To set the error flag in your XP:

                          DWORD *pMacroErrFlag=GetErrFlagAdr();

                          *pMacroErrFlag = TRUE;

                          *pMacroErrFlag = FALSE;

                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
                            Sorry, I was trying to be generic.

                            The real code is:
                            MACRO RNAME
                            RANDNAME;letter
                            TEXTM letter
                            ENDM

                            It takes in a name of a variable and sets the value of that variable
                            with a string.

                            If I use IFZ and only return numbers I have no problem, but of
                            course nobody wants to name there towns with random number.

                            I've tried not setting the value of the variable at all and I've
                            tried setting it to an empty string '\0'.

                            Either way I get various errors.

                            (If I could get ExecScriptStg to work, this may be moot, peter?)

                            Lee

                            > What does MYXPCOMMAND do?
                            > Simon
                            >
                            > _____

                            Service

                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
                              > (If I could get ExecScriptStg to work, this may be moot, peter?)

                              I prefer ExecScriptCopy since it makes its own copy of the string and
                              doesn't require the memory to be available after your function exists.

                              For ExecScriptStg ist is ok to do:

                              ExecScriptStg("PATH;");

                              But not:

                              char Cmd[]="PATH;";
                              ExecScriptStr(Cmd);

                              ExecScriptCopy works for both cases above.

                              It is also important to include the ending semi-colon.

                              Message 14 of 23 , Dec 8, 2005
                                Do either of the macros work with GL in place of RANDNAME?

                                http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/f.ewlB/TM
                                Message 15 of 23 , Dec 8, 2005
                                  I never tried GL, I did try GW though and when I use IFDEF no matter what value or no value I gave when requested, it was always defined.  If I used IFZ then if I typed in a number it worked otherwise it kinda blew up.  Too bad that there does not seem to be a branch statement for strings.

                                  Be that as it may, Peter got the ExecScriptCopy working for me so I no longer need to interact with a macro.

                                  Thanks, Lee

                                  Do either of the macros work with GL in place of RANDNAME?

                                  It takes in a name of a variable and sets the value of that variable with a
                                  string.

                                  If I use IFZ and only return numbers I have no problem, but of course nobody
                                  wants to name there towns with random number.

                                  I've tried not setting the value of the variable at all and I've tried
                                  setting it to an empty string '\0'.

                                  Either way I get various errors.

                                  (If I could get ExecScriptStg to work, this may be moot, peter?)

                                  Lee

                                  > What does MYXPCOMMAND do?

                                  Simon

                                  To: cc2-dev-l@yahoogroups.com
                                  > Subject: [cc2-dev-l] Macro XP ineraction
                                  question

                                  > Peter,

                                  > I have an XP
                                  that calls SetVar. My simple macro looks like this

                                  > MACRO
                                  MYMACRO
                                  > MYXPCOMMAND;letter
                                  > TEXTM letter

                                  ENDM

                                  > This works great but I want to be able to end the
                                  macro or effect
                                  the flow
                                  > of the macro from the XP.  I've tried
                                  this:

                                  > MACRO MYMACRO
                                  > MYXPCOMMAND;letter

                                  IFDEF letter J_GOOD
                                  > GOTO J_BAD
                                  > :J_GOOD
                                  > TEXM
                                  letter
                                  > :j_BAD
                                  > ENDM

                                  > I would think that
                                  this would work but it doesn't.  What am I
                                  missing?

                                  > Lee

                                  to:   cc2-dev-l@e...
                                  cc2-dev-l-