XPs: Exclude an entity from pick1 process?

  • Christopher Golden
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2000
      Back with another XP question question. The CC2 command that I'm
      working on edits an entity, call it entity A. At one point the
      command requires that the user choose another entity, call it B.
      It uses a RDATA packet to request B, specifying RD_PickRef as the
      type of data to be requested.

      The problem is that A should never equal B; yet the user may mis-
      takenly choose entity A when trying to select entity B. Of course
      I can add code to check and see if A was the one that was picked,
      and then put up an error messagebox and have the user choose again,
      but this seems really cumbersome, since what I really want to do is
      tell CC2 that it should not allow the choosing of A. That is, if
      the user chooses A, it should go to the response function with a
      result of X_BAD (or, if there was another entity under A, then CC2
      should pick that one instead).

      So, is there any way to mark an entity that is in the current draw-
      ing list with some sort of flag to indicate that it should not be
      able to be picked with RD_PickRef? If there isn't, then the only
      solution I see is to temporarily remove entity A from the drawing
      list while the pick is going on, and then re-adding it after the
      pick is complete. But this will make the entity disappear from the
      drawing temporarily, which will be disconcerting for the user.

      Thanks!
      Christopher Golden
      golden@...