RE: [cc2-dev-l] is there an easy way to delete Notes?

  • Linda Kekumu
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 30, 2005
      Hi :)

      I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)

      Thanks in advance for any hints on this!

      Linda
    • GoodNight
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 30, 2005
        I thought there was one written for the FR Atlas Project. I will look
        through my notes to see if I can find it. (The one where we had to add that
        little Copyright Note to the Notes (I think it was the TSR/WOTC Copyright
        Statement)

        John

        > I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about
        > 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a
        > script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't
        > want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any hints on this!
        >
        > Linda

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --

      • Linda Kekumu
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
          Hi John,

          Adding them isn't the problem :) Getting rid of them is. I'll have a look through my FR Atlas stuff as well. Thanks for the idea!

          Linda

          > I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about
          > 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a
          > script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't
          > want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any hints on this!
          >
          > Linda

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --

          Yahoo! Groups Links
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
            Hi Linda,

            If you don't mind compiling the command yourself you can try the stuff
            below. I haven't tested it, but it should work anyway.

            DWORD XPCALL DeleteNotesScan(hDLIST hDList, pENTREC pEntRec, PARM parm1,
            PARM parm2)
            {
            if(pEntRec->CStuff.EType==ET_NOTE)
            DLErase(pEntRec);
            return 0;
            }

            void XPCALL DeleteNotesCmd(void)
            {
            ClearSel();
            MarkUndo();
            DLScan(NULL, DeleteNotesScan, DLS_Std, 0, 0);
            CmdEnd();