Re: [cc2-dev-l] Custom Entity Question

  • Charles Sykora
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
      Peter, I'm still learning XP's, so any sample code available is very
      valuable to me. I'd love to see it. For right now, I think I'm going
      to use Joe's idea. This gives me a visible way to use the interface to
      see what my program is doing and to bypass my dialog box if I want to.
      Later, I'd like to do the custom entity thing, and I think I'll use the
      Layer idea. The other possibility might be to put them on a sheet by
      themselves that doesn't draw, but the layer is probably the best
      option. I really appreciate all the helpful suggestions!
      --Dale--
      On Jun 27, 2005, at 5:09 AM, Peter Olsson wrote:

      > I have sample code to create a no-draw custom entity if you decide to
      > go for
      > the XP entity solution.
      >
      > Peter

    • Linda Kekumu
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 30, 2005
        Hi :)

        I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)

        Thanks in advance for any hints on this!

        Linda
      • GoodNight
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 30, 2005
          I thought there was one written for the FR Atlas Project. I will look
          through my notes to see if I can find it. (The one where we had to add that
          little Copyright Note to the Notes (I think it was the TSR/WOTC Copyright
          Statement)

          John

          > I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about
          > 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a
          > script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't
          > want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any hints on this!
          >
          > Linda

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --

        • Linda Kekumu
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
            Hi John,

            Adding them isn't the problem :) Getting rid of them is. I'll have a look through my FR Atlas stuff as well. Thanks for the idea!

            Linda

            > I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about
            > 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a
            > script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't
            > want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)
            >
            > Thanks in advance for any hints on this!
            >
            > Linda

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > --

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
              Hi Linda,

              If you don't mind compiling the command yourself you can try the stuff
              below. I haven't tested it, but it should work anyway.

              DWORD XPCALL DeleteNotesScan(hDLIST hDList, pENTREC pEntRec, PARM parm1,
              PARM parm2)
              {
              if(pEntRec->CStuff.EType==ET_NOTE)
              DLErase(pEntRec);
              return 0;
              }

              void XPCALL DeleteNotesCmd(void)
              {
              ClearSel();
              MarkUndo();
              DLScan(NULL, DeleteNotesScan, DLS_Std, 0, 0);
              CmdEnd();