RE: [cc2-dev-l] Custom Entity Question

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
      I have sample code to create a no-draw custom entity if you decide to go for
      the XP entity solution.

    • Charles Sykora
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
        Peter, I'm still learning XP's, so any sample code available is very
        valuable to me. I'd love to see it. For right now, I think I'm going
        to use Joe's idea. This gives me a visible way to use the interface to
        see what my program is doing and to bypass my dialog box if I want to.
        Later, I'd like to do the custom entity thing, and I think I'll use the
        Layer idea. The other possibility might be to put them on a sheet by
        themselves that doesn't draw, but the layer is probably the best
        option. I really appreciate all the helpful suggestions!
        --Dale--
        On Jun 27, 2005, at 5:09 AM, Peter Olsson wrote:

        > I have sample code to create a no-draw custom entity if you decide to
        > go for
        > the XP entity solution.
        >
        > Peter

      • Linda Kekumu
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 30, 2005
          Hi :)

          I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)

          Thanks in advance for any hints on this!

          Linda
        • GoodNight
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 30, 2005
            I thought there was one written for the FR Atlas Project. I will look
            through my notes to see if I can find it. (The one where we had to add that
            little Copyright Note to the Notes (I think it was the TSR/WOTC Copyright
            Statement)

            John

            > I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about
            > 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a
            > script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't
            > want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)
            >
            > Thanks in advance for any hints on this!
            >
            > Linda

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > --

          • Linda Kekumu
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
              Hi John,

              Adding them isn't the problem :) Getting rid of them is. I'll have a look through my FR Atlas stuff as well. Thanks for the idea!

              Linda

              > I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about
              > 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a
              > script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't
              > want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)
              >
              > Thanks in advance for any hints on this!
              >
              > Linda

              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > --

              Yahoo! Groups Links
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
                Hi Linda,

                If you don't mind compiling the command yourself you can try the stuff
                below. I haven't tested it, but it should work anyway.

                DWORD XPCALL DeleteNotesScan(hDLIST hDList, pENTREC pEntRec, PARM parm1,
                PARM parm2)
                {
                if(pEntRec->CStuff.EType==ET_NOTE)
                DLErase(pEntRec);
                return 0;
                }

                void XPCALL DeleteNotesCmd(void)
                {
                ClearSel();
                MarkUndo();
                DLScan(NULL, DeleteNotesScan, DLS_Std, 0, 0);
                CmdEnd();