RE: [cc2-dev-l] Custom Entity Question

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
      Forwarded from Mike Riddle:

      There is no problem with making a custom entity that never draws, except:
      You will need to provide your own way to create, access, and delete such records, as the only other way to delete it would be to delete all Type=XP entity entities (you could also use layer or color etc to modify the selection for the delete). If you do this, I would recommend putting all such entities on a specific layer devoted to them. Notes are simpler, but as jslaton points out, they allow you less control over how the user works with them.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
        I have sample code to create a no-draw custom entity if you decide to go for
        the XP entity solution.

      • Charles Sykora
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
          Peter, I'm still learning XP's, so any sample code available is very
          valuable to me. I'd love to see it. For right now, I think I'm going
          to use Joe's idea. This gives me a visible way to use the interface to
          see what my program is doing and to bypass my dialog box if I want to.
          Later, I'd like to do the custom entity thing, and I think I'll use the
          Layer idea. The other possibility might be to put them on a sheet by
          themselves that doesn't draw, but the layer is probably the best
          option. I really appreciate all the helpful suggestions!
          --Dale--
          On Jun 27, 2005, at 5:09 AM, Peter Olsson wrote:

          > I have sample code to create a no-draw custom entity if you decide to
          > go for
          > the XP entity solution.
          >
          > Peter

        • Linda Kekumu
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 30, 2005
            Hi :)

            I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)

            Thanks in advance for any hints on this!

            Linda
          • GoodNight
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 30, 2005
              I thought there was one written for the FR Atlas Project. I will look
              through my notes to see if I can find it. (The one where we had to add that
              little Copyright Note to the Notes (I think it was the TSR/WOTC Copyright
              Statement)

              John

              > I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about
              > 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a
              > script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't
              > want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)
              >
              > Thanks in advance for any hints on this!
              >
              > Linda

              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > --

            • Linda Kekumu
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
                Hi John,

                Adding them isn't the problem :) Getting rid of them is. I'll have a look through my FR Atlas stuff as well. Thanks for the idea!

                Linda

                > I've just run into a situation where I need to delete the Notes from about
                > 300 maps, so I am looking for an easy way to do this. Can I do it via a
                > script file? If so, what would the parameters look like? I really don't
                > want to have to open every map up, delete the Note, Save & repeat :)
                >
                > Thanks in advance for any hints on this!
                >
                > Linda

                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >

                > --

                Yahoo! Groups Links
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
                  Hi Linda,

                  If you don't mind compiling the command yourself you can try the stuff
                  below. I haven't tested it, but it should work anyway.

                  DWORD XPCALL DeleteNotesScan(hDLIST hDList, pENTREC pEntRec, PARM parm1,
                  PARM parm2)
                  {
                  if(pEntRec->CStuff.EType==ET_NOTE)
                  DLErase(pEntRec);
                  return 0;
                  }

                  void XPCALL DeleteNotesCmd(void)
                  {
                  ClearSel();
                  MarkUndo();
                  DLScan(NULL, DeleteNotesScan, DLS_Std, 0, 0);
                  CmdEnd();