Need Help! - Trying to build a variant of the BREAK command

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2005
      Hello Everyone,

      I'm attempting to recreate the break command and add some command specific
      functionality. Simply put it would input a distance and a counterpoint on the
      entity and break to each side half the distance.

      In theory this seemed quite simple.

      Get the distance, get the entity, get the centerpoint of the break, then ECut2
      on the selected point. Then is seamed just a matter of using ECut2 again on
      each resulting half of half the distance.

      This actually works on a path with only two points. But not on anything else.

      I guess my question is "Can I piggyback off of the internal command of 'break'
      somehow, is there other internal FastCAD commands that would make this easier or
      will I need to do this the long, hard 'Comp Sci' algorithmic way?"

      L. Lee Saunders

      It was only a partial solution, of course, as solutions usually are, and
      addressed only one specific problem, as solutions usually do. But, as was often
      also true, it opened the door - if only a crack - for the multitude of solutions
      to follow.

      '1632' by Eric Flint pg. 232