RE: [cc2-dev-l] A somewhat sheltered question...

  • Lynn, Matthew FC2 (SW)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2000
      go to options--Macros--edit macros to add new ones. remember to back up the
      fcw32.mac file in the cc2 directory, as this is the file you will be
      changing. if you add macros to this file, it will ALWAYS be loaded up when
      cc2 loads. good luck!
      chasmyr
      http://www.fly.to/chasmyrsgrotto

    • Linda Kekumu
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2000
        Hi :)

        CC2 has some predefined short-cut keys but you can easily make your own
        (available in all versions).

        Open fcw32.mac in a plain text editor & just define a bunch of macros. You
        could define them the same as what you are familiar with already :)

        For example

        MACRO ER
        ERASE
        ENDM

        Now I can just type ER to Erase.

        If you choose to not use the right button mouse menus (Options Menu>>
        Preferences & turn off the right mouse menu) you can then type:

        Also, have a look in the Help file under short cut keys & open up your
        fcw32.mnu file to see what things have already been defined as short cut
        keys. You'll need to avoid duplicates, but you can change any keys in the
        mnu file if you need that key for something you are more familiar with.

        I have noticed a significant increase in how fast I can do repetitive tasks
        by using the keyboard & I actually prefer the original style menus anyway.

        Linda Kekumu, ProFantasy Software Ltd.
        CC2 web site http://www.profantasy.com

        "If you make the DM laugh so hard that coffee comes out her nose, we die.
        You know that, don’t you??”

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2000
          Currently the macro file is getting a little bit big for CC2's text editing
          window to cope with, so always edit macros using a plain text editor, save,
          the use LOADMAC to reload the macros.