Re: [cc2-dev-l] Symbol Reference questions

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
      The extents are for internal use only, and are not always valid. When
      creating
      a symbol def, set the extents valid flag to 0 so the code will know to
      recalc them when it needs to.

      Mike

      Jereme Kuperman wrote:

      >I'm working on the SVG export project, and am having some problems
      >with symbol references. Specifically, I'm trying to understand the
      >role of the extents, when it is used, and how it interacts with
      >scale. For example, if I create a new map and plop down a couple of
      >symbols, the extents are not set. If some of those symbols are
      >scaled, I can get the correct scale from the matrix. This works ok,
      >up to the point where I try some of the other maps (SS3 symbol demo,
      >for one). on these maps, the scaling is set to one, but the extents
      >lead me to believe otherwise.
      >
      >Any ideas?
      >
      >It could be an error in how I am handling the original symbols, but
      >that didn't appear to be the case prior to my working with scaling
      >and rotation.

    • Jereme Kuperman
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
        LOL. I figured that there was an easier way. I reverse engineered the matrix
        to get scale and rotation. Should have asked earlier.

        Thanks.

        --- Peter Olsson <peter@...> wrote:

        > The symbol extents is not always correctly updated in the symbol
        > reference. If you need correct extent values you are better of
        > calculating it manually.
        >
        > Try:
        >
        > GLINE3 Ext
        >
        > BgnPExtents();
        > EXCheck(pSymRef);
        > EndPExtents(&Ext);;
        >
        > Transformation properties like rotation and scale for a symbol should
        > not be calculated from extents. You have to use the TMat structure
        > and extract the values manually or by using CTMSPC2.
        >
        > Try:
        >
        > TSPEC2 *pSpec;
        >
        > LDSymTM(&pEntRec->SymRef.TMat);
        > pSpec=CTMSPC2();
        >
        > Peter

      • Linda Kekumu
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 14, 2004
          Hi :)

          I've searched & searched for this but I can't find it. I need to define zoom
          out = shift-z for one of our customers who uses Cadence Virtuoso all the
          time & is used to having Shift + z = Zoom out.

          I know I can use Shift in conjunction with the function keys & we use the
          Carret ^ for CTRL, but I can't find anything on what character we use for
          Shift. I am praying that there's a way to do this! Please, please don't tell
          me it isn't possible to use Shift with a key combo!

          Thanks!

          Linda
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 14, 2004
            It isn't possible with the current code. That is simple an upper-case Z,
            and since the code
            is designed to be case-insensitive, 'z' and 'Z' are the same character.
            Sorry.

            Mike