Re: [cc2-dev-l] Symbol Reference questions

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
      The symbol extents is not always correctly updated in the symbol
      reference. If you need correct extent values you are better of
      calculating it manually.

      Try:

      GLINE3 Ext

      BgnPExtents();
      EXCheck(pSymRef);
      EndPExtents(&Ext);;

      Transformation properties like rotation and scale for a symbol should
      not be calculated from extents. You have to use the TMat structure
      and extract the values manually or by using CTMSPC2.

      Try:

      TSPEC2 *pSpec;

      LDSymTM(&pEntRec->SymRef.TMat);
      pSpec=CTMSPC2();

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
        The extents are for internal use only, and are not always valid. When
        creating
        a symbol def, set the extents valid flag to 0 so the code will know to
        recalc them when it needs to.

        Mike

        Jereme Kuperman wrote:

        >I'm working on the SVG export project, and am having some problems
        >with symbol references. Specifically, I'm trying to understand the
        >role of the extents, when it is used, and how it interacts with
        >scale. For example, if I create a new map and plop down a couple of
        >symbols, the extents are not set. If some of those symbols are
        >scaled, I can get the correct scale from the matrix. This works ok,
        >up to the point where I try some of the other maps (SS3 symbol demo,
        >for one). on these maps, the scaling is set to one, but the extents
        >lead me to believe otherwise.
        >
        >Any ideas?
        >
        >It could be an error in how I am handling the original symbols, but
        >that didn't appear to be the case prior to my working with scaling
        >and rotation.

      • Jereme Kuperman
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
          LOL. I figured that there was an easier way. I reverse engineered the matrix
          to get scale and rotation. Should have asked earlier.

          Thanks.

          --- Peter Olsson <peter@...> wrote:

          > The symbol extents is not always correctly updated in the symbol
          > reference. If you need correct extent values you are better of
          > calculating it manually.
          >
          > Try:
          >
          > GLINE3 Ext
          >
          > BgnPExtents();
          > EXCheck(pSymRef);
          > EndPExtents(&Ext);;
          >
          > Transformation properties like rotation and scale for a symbol should
          > not be calculated from extents. You have to use the TMat structure
          > and extract the values manually or by using CTMSPC2.
          >
          > Try:
          >
          > TSPEC2 *pSpec;
          >
          > LDSymTM(&pEntRec->SymRef.TMat);
          > pSpec=CTMSPC2();
          >
          > Peter

        • Linda Kekumu
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 14, 2004
            Hi :)

            I've searched & searched for this but I can't find it. I need to define zoom
            out = shift-z for one of our customers who uses Cadence Virtuoso all the
            time & is used to having Shift + z = Zoom out.

            I know I can use Shift in conjunction with the function keys & we use the
            Carret ^ for CTRL, but I can't find anything on what character we use for
            Shift. I am praying that there's a way to do this! Please, please don't tell
            me it isn't possible to use Shift with a key combo!

            Thanks!

            Linda
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 14, 2004
              It isn't possible with the current code. That is simple an upper-case Z,
              and since the code
              is designed to be case-insensitive, 'z' and 'Z' are the same character.
              Sorry.

              Mike