RE: [cc2-dev-l] A teaser

  • Linda Kekumu
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 14, 2003
      Hi :)

      I was wondering if there is something I am overlooking with this procedure.

      I have a drawing that contains over 100 different sheets. I want to mirror
      everything, so I Show All Sheet, do MIRCPY & mirror them. This works but it
      moves every single entity from it's original sheet onto the common sheet!
      Once on the Common sheet there is no way to sort them all out. I figure I
      must be doing something incorrectly because if I hide all of the sheets &
      just do a single one it works correctly (the entities do not get moved to
      the common sheet).

      I really would like to figure this out because I have another 12,000 sheets
      to mirror, which will take an incredibly long time to do them singly plus
      it's driving me crazy :/

      Any hints?

      Linda
    • Ralf Schemmann
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 14, 2003
        Linda,

        I guess since Mirror Copy creates new entities, these all go on the current
        sheet. I tried it with a symbol catalog and had the same result (only it
        wasn't on the Commom sheet, but the first symbol sheet).

        MIRROR works, and I thought I'd mirror the sheets and copy/paste them back
        into the original catalog. But the sheet info got lost there too.

        The only other way I can think of at the moment is to write a macro that
        loops through the layers with SNEXT and mirror copies everything with fixed
        coordinates for the MIRCPY command.

        Ciao,
        Ralf

        --
        Ralf Schemmann
        e-mail: ralf.schemmann@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2003
          Hi :)

          OK - I've figured out how to do this :)

          MACRO MIRSHT
          SELBYA
          GV TEMPSHT 0
          SSET;
          :TEMPSHEETLOOP
          MIRCPY -10,10;-10,-20
          SNEXT
          IFERR end
          GV TEMPSHT TEMPSHT+1
          IFP 1 TEMPSHEETLOOP
          :END
          SELBYD
          ENDM

          It loops through each sheet, mirroring all of the entities on that sheet.
          Yeah!!

          Linda
        • Linda Kekumu
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15, 2003
            LOL

            Thanks, Ralf. Mirror works just fine. Something is wrong with the macro but
            at this point I'm not going to worry about it because I don't really need
            the copy. MIRROR work just fine for what I need & it does keep the entities
            on their correct layer :)

            Thanks!!

            --
            Ralf Schemmann