Re: [cc2-dev-l] Random Dungeon Creator

  • MPrilla@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2003
      In a message dated 1/5/2003 8:13:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, latharion@... writes:

      Is it also possible to include diagonal cardinal directions in the
      variable for determining the open directions?  Just a thought.  Some
      dungeons also do diagonal passages etc.  Your implementation of this
      idea is great!  I've always wished CC2 could do this (and I guess it
      always could, with the right "motivation"  ;)  ).

              Latharion

      What is your attached file?

      Mike Group Owner InfinityScripters, AuroraScripters & AuroraModers

      AI Scripting Ring for Infinity Engine and Aurora Engine Games
      http://l.webring.com/hub?ring=aiscriptingringf
      http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/viewguild.html?gid=481

      "Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!"  Dernhelm
      A cold voice answered :
      "Come not between the Nazg├╗l and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye." The Witch King
      A sword rang as it was drawn.
      "Do what you will, but I will hinder it, if I may."  Dernhelm
      "Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"  The Witch King
      Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest.  It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel.
      "But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Eowyn I am, Eomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you are not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him."  Eowyn/Dernhelm
      The winged creature screamed at her, but the Ringwraith made no answer, and was silent, as if in sudden doubt.  Very amazement for a moment conquered Merry's fear.  He opened his eyes and the blackness was lifted from them.

      "The Return of the King"
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 6, 2003
        Intercom can be used as follows:
        Intercom asks your program to generate a script.
        When the script has been created, your program requests that CC2 runs the
        script.

        Simon
      • Don Ewald
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2003
          Greetings Simon!

          You---->Intercom asks your program to generate a script. When the script
          has been created, your program requests that CC2 runs the script.

          Dynamite idea! I overlooked that one and I'll definitely try to implement
          it. This interacting with CC2 is way beyond anything I thought possible
          before.

          Don Ewald
          dpe@...
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 7, 2003
            While it is generating the script, it's probably an idea to put up a task
            bar so that they don't do anything in CC2 to interfere with your intercom
            command to run the script file.