Re: [cc2-dev-l] custom entity type: "tooltip" hotspot

  • jslayton@ridgenet.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 10, 2002
      Is it possible to get the main window handle and save the contents
      before opening the dialog? You should be able to close down the dialog,
      restore the bitmap, validate the entire window contents, and continue
      without forcing a redraw in the main window. The problem with this
      might be that you'd have to revalidate all of the child windows on
      the main window, so it may not be a reasonable option.
      The reason you're getting a redraw is probably that you're doing a
      lot of GDI work and the system dumps the background image that it
      saved when it displayed the dialog (also only goes up to some size
      dependent on dialog dimensions and desktop bit depth). GDI tends to
      be stingy on what it will save and for how long.

      Joe Slayton

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
        Mike Riddle wrote:

        > I think it might be possible to do something to add tooltips to ACTION entities,
        > and set them to not display (a current ability). This might be much easier to
        > accomplish in the core, so I'll look into it and get back on this subject.

        I'm wondering... have you had any chance to look into this in
        the last few weeks?

        Thanks!
        Christopher Golden
        golden@...
      • Antony Farrell
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 15, 2002
          I have been trying out CC2 Pro, with CD2 installed. I created a small town
          using the random street with a mixture of thatched and the default
          buildings.

          Strangely enough all of the outlines for the thatched building vanished,
          though the normal default ones did not. Examining the drawing of the
          thatched building symbols the outline was certainly drawn then immediately
          vanished never to be seen again. I can find no trace of this on any layer.
          Any idea what became of it and how I can get it back?

          Antony
        • John Csaky
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 16, 2002
            If you do a List are the Outlines there by chance and just hidden behind
            something else? Also, what version of Pro are you using? There was a problem
            with Layering and City Symbols prior to the 17-9-02 Version.

            John
            | I have been trying out CC2 Pro, with CD2 installed. I created a small town
            | using the random street with a mixture of thatched and the default
            | buildings.
            |
            | Strangely enough all of the outlines for the thatched building vanished,
            | though the normal default ones did not. Examining the drawing of the
            | thatched building symbols the outline was certainly drawn then immediately
            | vanished never to be seen again. I can find no trace of this on any layer.
            | Any idea what became of it and how I can get it back?
            |
            | Antony

          • Antony Farrell
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 16, 2002
              The version of CC2 Pro is version6.12 dated 08/27/02. Picking one of the
              thatched houses at random List says that there is something on the
              Structures (Outline) level, also nothing on the Structures (Fill) level.
              Incidently this problem only occured with Thatched houses placed using the
              random street method. (Perhaps one of the house settings?) Not those taken
              from the symbol lists. The other house style I used for random streets did
              not seem effected at all.

              Antony