Re: [cc2-dev-l] custom entity type: "tooltip" hotspot

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 10, 2002
      > I've noticed that some CC2 dialog boxes, when dismissed,
      > don't cause a map redraw, whereas others do. It seems (though
      > I've never researched it) that redraws are triggered only by the
      > larger dialogs and secondary windows.

      Most dialogs with previews cause this problem. A redraw is somehow issued
      when working with private (mode DL_Private) drawing lists. I have not found
      a way to avoid this redraw... :-(

      Peter
    • jslayton@ridgenet.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 10, 2002
        Is it possible to get the main window handle and save the contents
        before opening the dialog? You should be able to close down the dialog,
        restore the bitmap, validate the entire window contents, and continue
        without forcing a redraw in the main window. The problem with this
        might be that you'd have to revalidate all of the child windows on
        the main window, so it may not be a reasonable option.
        The reason you're getting a redraw is probably that you're doing a
        lot of GDI work and the system dumps the background image that it
        saved when it displayed the dialog (also only goes up to some size
        dependent on dialog dimensions and desktop bit depth). GDI tends to
        be stingy on what it will save and for how long.

        Joe Slayton

        > I've noticed that some CC2 dialog boxes, when dismissed,
        > don't cause a map redraw, whereas others do. It seems (though
        > I've never researched it) that redraws are triggered only by the
        > larger dialogs and secondary windows.

        Most dialogs with previews cause this problem. A redraw is somehow issued
        when working with private (mode DL_Private) drawing lists. I have not found
        a way to avoid this redraw... :-(

        Now your e-mail is where you are : http://www.ridgenet.net
      • Christopher Golden
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
          Mike Riddle wrote:

          > I think it might be possible to do something to add tooltips to ACTION entities,
          > and set them to not display (a current ability). This might be much easier to
          > accomplish in the core, so I'll look into it and get back on this subject.

          I'm wondering... have you had any chance to look into this in
          the last few weeks?

          Thanks!
          Christopher Golden
          golden@...
        • Antony Farrell
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 15, 2002
            I have been trying out CC2 Pro, with CD2 installed. I created a small town
            using the random street with a mixture of thatched and the default
            buildings.

            Strangely enough all of the outlines for the thatched building vanished,
            though the normal default ones did not. Examining the drawing of the
            thatched building symbols the outline was certainly drawn then immediately
            vanished never to be seen again. I can find no trace of this on any layer.
            Any idea what became of it and how I can get it back?

            Antony
          • John Csaky
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 16, 2002
              If you do a List are the Outlines there by chance and just hidden behind
              something else? Also, what version of Pro are you using? There was a problem
              with Layering and City Symbols prior to the 17-9-02 Version.

              John
              | I have been trying out CC2 Pro, with CD2 installed. I created a small town
              | using the random street with a mixture of thatched and the default
              | buildings.
              |
              | Strangely enough all of the outlines for the thatched building vanished,
              | though the normal default ones did not. Examining the drawing of the
              | thatched building symbols the outline was certainly drawn then immediately
              | vanished never to be seen again. I can find no trace of this on any layer.
              | Any idea what became of it and how I can get it back?
              |
              | Antony

            • Antony Farrell
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 16, 2002
                The version of CC2 Pro is version6.12 dated 08/27/02. Picking one of the
                thatched houses at random List says that there is something on the
                Structures (Outline) level, also nothing on the Structures (Fill) level.
                Incidently this problem only occured with Thatched houses placed using the
                random street method. (Perhaps one of the house settings?) Not those taken
                from the symbol lists. The other house style I used for random streets did
                not seem effected at all.

                Antony