manipulating CC2 with Visual Basic

  • samayel70
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      I'm new to CC2 but I've heard great things. My question is: Is there
      a way to tie into CC2 from Visual Basic? Are there any objects I can
      reference?

      I'm looking to use CC2 to generate maps on the fly from a PBM engine
      I am writing in VB.

      I thought I had seen some info on this at one point, but I don't
      recall where.

      If I get a "RTFM" response, then I probably deserve it... but I
      didn't see anything specifically relating to what I was looking for.

      Chris
    • Bruce A. Carson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2002
        Did you get the reply I sent to the other group:

        Chris,

        Yep! There is a way, but using C/C++ is a "better" approach. If you are
        interested in programming for CC2 you should join the
        CC2-DEV forum - regardless of which language you prefer.
        To use Visual Basic with CC2 there is a utility called "Intercom".
        Essentially you write commands to a file and CC2 reads the file
        and performs the commands. This is similar to a DDE connection.
        The tools necessary should be in your CC2 folder under: Notes\Developers

        Bruce

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2002
          Yes I did, thanks. Going to look into that.

          Chris