Re: [cc2-dev-l] Re: XP Toolkit

  • Bruce Carson
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 8, 2002
      Most likely things don't compile because your .lib or .h include paths haven't been set to include the new stuff. And/or you have
      the Microsoft compiler always compiling as C++ (the .c/.h files will spew errors and warnings unless you turn on the project option
      to compile .c files a "C" only - you can also do this on a file by file basis).

      Bruce
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 15, 2002
        It appeared to compile without errors, but the 'about' I got when I
        used it in CC2 was not right...So I'm sure that in my haste I
        compiled something else.

        This weekend was spent on taxes, so I'll weigh back in when I have
        something real to ask. Right now I'm just splashing in the shallow
        end of the pool.

        What I'm inching toward working on is a function to re-project
        sections of a map. I have an interrupted projection of my world, and
        I want to take right-triangled and right-trapezoidal sections and
        stretch them out to rectangles.

        I will need to select a section of the map, then loop through all
        selected entities in the section, loop through all points in that
        entity, and move the y-coordinate of the point.

        If someone can give me a quick pointer to the functions (or an
        example piece of code) that I should look at, I'd appreciate it. I
        admit that wandering through FCW32.TXT to find the functions is a bit
        daunting/time consuming.

        Thanks for any and all help offered.

        Steve

        --- In cc2-dev-l@y..., "Bruce Carson" <bac@w...> wrote:
        > Most likely things don't compile because your .lib or .h include
        paths haven't been set to include the new stuff. And/or you have
        > the Microsoft compiler always compiling as C++ (the .c/.h files
        will spew errors and warnings unless you turn on the project option
        > to compile .c files a "C" only - you can also do this on a file by
        file basis).

        > Bruce
        <SNIP>
      • Bruce A. Carson
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 15, 2002
          Look at the DLScan Function. This should point you in the right direction.

          You could just modify the Entity in place with your pointer to the Entity
          record, or use DLClone to provide for an "undo" feature. Since you are
          changing all the objects in the drawing with a single command then perhaps
          UNDO isn't necessary because the drawing will become twice as large!

          Just do the DLScan - getting a pointer to the Entity (you should probably
          skip Symbol Definition Entities), perform your translation and when
          complete, do a redraw.

          Bruce

          It appeared to compile without errors, but the 'about' I got when I
          used it in CC2 was not right...So I'm sure that in my haste I
          compiled something else.

          This weekend was spent on taxes, so I'll weigh back in when I have
          something real to ask. Right now I'm just splashing in the shallow
          end of the pool.

          What I'm inching toward working on is a function to re-project
          sections of a map. I have an interrupted projection of my world, and
          I want to take right-triangled and right-trapezoidal sections and
          stretch them out to rectangles.

          I will need to select a section of the map, then loop through all
          selected entities in the section, loop through all points in that
          entity, and move the y-coordinate of the point.

          If someone can give me a quick pointer to the functions (or an
          example piece of code) that I should look at, I'd appreciate it. I
          admit that wandering through FCW32.TXT to find the functions is a bit
          daunting/time consuming.

          Thanks for any and all help offered.

          Steve

          --- In cc2-dev-l@y..., "Bruce Carson" <bac@w...> wrote:
          > Most likely things don't compile because your .lib or .h include
          paths haven't been set to include the new stuff. And/or you have
          > the Microsoft compiler always compiling as C++ (the .c/.h files
          will spew errors and warnings unless you turn on the project option
          > to compile .c files a "C" only - you can also do this on a file by
          file basis).

          > Bruce
          <SNIP>

        • sdavies2720
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 16, 2002
            Thanks for the help -- I'll look tonight.

            I was thinking no undo because this is a one-time function, but you
            are reminding me I need a warning before-hand. The function needs to
            be able to work on a section of the map -- think of taking an
            Icosohedral projection & changing it to a pseudo-Mercator -- you'd
            work on each of the points separately (and as I'm envisioning it,
            work on the left side of each separate from the right)

            I think that point-items like symbols should be moved over, based on
            the position of their reference point.

            Steve

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • sdavies2720
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 16, 2002

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 17, 2002
                You are correct that the symbols themselves need to be moved (Symbol
                Reference Entity), but there is also an entity type of Symbol Definition
                which do not need moving. Essentially each type of symbol used in a map
                occurs once as a Symbol Def and all the Instances of that Symbol on the map
                are Symbol References to it.

                Also for the Symbol References you may only want to translate it's single
                starting point on the map rather than each "Y" location - otherwise you'll
                get tall/skinny symbols or short/fat ones depending upon which way you're
                going in the projection.