XP Toolkit

  • sdavies2720
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 7, 2002
      I'm about to dip my toe into XP development, to see if the code-
      writing skills that I have not been touched in 10 years are dormant
      or dead.

      Can someone point me to the current version of the XPtoolkit? I
      couldn't find it on the PF site.

      I have Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 at home: Is the documentation
      written for this (I seem to remember an assembler bias, not C, and
      certainly not C++ last time I looked at it)? Will this compiler
      work for XPs, and are there any pitfalls you all can direct me
      around?

      Thanks!

      Steve
    • Bruce A. Carson
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 7, 2002
        The XP toolkit should already be on your system! Look in the
        "Notes\Developers" subdirectory.

        Bruce

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 8, 2002
          There is also a Getting Started installation of the toolkit. You will find
          it in message:

          And an updated verson in (if the first one isn't updated):

          Good luck!

          Peter Olsson
        • sdavies2720
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 8, 2002
            Thanks,

            Between this & Bruce's "look in the development directory" comment, I
            have what I need to get started. Things didn't compile correctly
            last night, but I'm on the road during the week, so I'll take a look
            next weekend again. I'll start asking questions when I'm stumped.

            Steve

            --- In cc2-dev-l@y..., "Peter Olsson" <peter@p...> wrote:

            > There is also a Getting Started installation of the toolkit. You
            will find
            > it in message:

            > And an updated verson in (if the first one isn't updated):

            > Good luck!
            >
            > Peter Olsson
          • Bruce Carson
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 8, 2002
              Most likely things don't compile because your .lib or .h include paths haven't been set to include the new stuff. And/or you have
              the Microsoft compiler always compiling as C++ (the .c/.h files will spew errors and warnings unless you turn on the project option
              to compile .c files a "C" only - you can also do this on a file by file basis).

              Bruce
              > Between this & Bruce's "look in the development directory" comment, I
              > have what I need to get started. Things didn't compile correctly
              > last night, but I'm on the road during the week, so I'll take a look
              > next weekend again. I'll start asking questions when I'm stumped.
              >
              > Steve
              >
              > --- In cc2-dev-l@y..., "Peter Olsson" <peter@p...> wrote:
              > >
              > > There is also a Getting Started installation of the toolkit. You
              > will find
              > > it in message:

              > > And an updated verson in (if the first one isn't updated):

              > > Good luck!
              > >
              > > Peter Olsson

            • sdavies2720
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 15, 2002
                It appeared to compile without errors, but the 'about' I got when I
                used it in CC2 was not right...So I'm sure that in my haste I
                compiled something else.

                This weekend was spent on taxes, so I'll weigh back in when I have
                something real to ask. Right now I'm just splashing in the shallow
                end of the pool.

                What I'm inching toward working on is a function to re-project
                sections of a map. I have an interrupted projection of my world, and
                I want to take right-triangled and right-trapezoidal sections and
                stretch them out to rectangles.

                I will need to select a section of the map, then loop through all
                selected entities in the section, loop through all points in that
                entity, and move the y-coordinate of the point.

                If someone can give me a quick pointer to the functions (or an
                example piece of code) that I should look at, I'd appreciate it. I
                admit that wandering through FCW32.TXT to find the functions is a bit
                daunting/time consuming.

                Thanks for any and all help offered.

                Steve

                --- In cc2-dev-l@y..., "Bruce Carson" <bac@w...> wrote:
                > Most likely things don't compile because your .lib or .h include
                paths haven't been set to include the new stuff. And/or you have
                > the Microsoft compiler always compiling as C++ (the .c/.h files
                will spew errors and warnings unless you turn on the project option
                > to compile .c files a "C" only - you can also do this on a file by
                file basis).

                > Bruce
                <SNIP>
              • Bruce A. Carson
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 15, 2002
                  Look at the DLScan Function. This should point you in the right direction.

                  You could just modify the Entity in place with your pointer to the Entity
                  record, or use DLClone to provide for an "undo" feature. Since you are
                  changing all the objects in the drawing with a single command then perhaps
                  UNDO isn't necessary because the drawing will become twice as large!

                  Just do the DLScan - getting a pointer to the Entity (you should probably
                  skip Symbol Definition Entities), perform your translation and when
                  complete, do a redraw.

                  Bruce

                  It appeared to compile without errors, but the 'about' I got when I
                  used it in CC2 was not right...So I'm sure that in my haste I
                  compiled something else.

                  This weekend was spent on taxes, so I'll weigh back in when I have
                  something real to ask. Right now I'm just splashing in the shallow
                  end of the pool.

                  What I'm inching toward working on is a function to re-project
                  sections of a map. I have an interrupted projection of my world, and
                  I want to take right-triangled and right-trapezoidal sections and
                  stretch them out to rectangles.

                  I will need to select a section of the map, then loop through all
                  selected entities in the section, loop through all points in that
                  entity, and move the y-coordinate of the point.

                  If someone can give me a quick pointer to the functions (or an
                  example piece of code) that I should look at, I'd appreciate it. I
                  admit that wandering through FCW32.TXT to find the functions is a bit
                  daunting/time consuming.

                  Thanks for any and all help offered.

                  Steve

                  --- In cc2-dev-l@y..., "Bruce Carson" <bac@w...> wrote:
                  > Most likely things don't compile because your .lib or .h include
                  paths haven't been set to include the new stuff. And/or you have
                  > the Microsoft compiler always compiling as C++ (the .c/.h files
                  will spew errors and warnings unless you turn on the project option
                  > to compile .c files a "C" only - you can also do this on a file by
                  file basis).

                  > Bruce
                  <SNIP>

                • sdavies2720
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 16, 2002
                    Thanks for the help -- I'll look tonight.

                    I was thinking no undo because this is a one-time function, but you
                    are reminding me I need a warning before-hand. The function needs to
                    be able to work on a section of the map -- think of taking an
                    Icosohedral projection & changing it to a pseudo-Mercator -- you'd
                    work on each of the points separately (and as I'm envisioning it,
                    work on the left side of each separate from the right)

                    I think that point-items like symbols should be moved over, based on
                    the position of their reference point.

                    Steve

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  • sdavies2720
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 16, 2002

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 17, 2002
                        You are correct that the symbols themselves need to be moved (Symbol
                        Reference Entity), but there is also an entity type of Symbol Definition
                        which do not need moving. Essentially each type of symbol used in a map
                        occurs once as a Symbol Def and all the Instances of that Symbol on the map
                        are Symbol References to it.

                        Also for the Symbol References you may only want to translate it's single
                        starting point on the map rather than each "Y" location - otherwise you'll
                        get tall/skinny symbols or short/fat ones depending upon which way you're
                        going in the projection.