Re: symbol as dynamic cursor

  • Christopher Golden
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2000
      Linda Kekumu wrote:

      > The reason you can see the symbols being dragged is because they are made up
      > of an uneven number of entities. For example - if you make a circle & drag
      > it, you can see the outline. Copy that circle & place it directly over the
      > original & drag - now you can't see the outline. Draw a third circle place
      > it on top of the other 2 & drag - voila - now you see the outline.
      >
      > I don't know if this will help you or not, but at least you will know why
      > you can see the symbols when they are being dragged :)

      Thanks Linda! Actually, I knew this much, but I don't know any
      more than this. :-) That is, I know how symbols themselves
      must be constructed in order to ensure that they have visible
      outlines while placing or dragging them. What I don't know is
      how to duplicate this effect (i.e. how to make a cursor look
      like a symbol outline) via the XP API.

      Take care,
      Christopher Golden
      golden@...
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2000
        Chris,

        You are right about using the EDraw logic. It will save you a lot of effort. (If you like you can use the EdrawM logic, I believe it is a little faster since it isn't changing any settings)

        Everything you draw in a dynamic cursor is drawn in XOR mode. This causes everything to be drawn with hollow fill and also that you only have to call EDraw again to erase what you did draw last time.

        The dynamic cursor function will be called every time the cursor should be drawn or erased. (which for the cursor function is the same as always drawing)