RGB Color Value...

  • bac@world.std.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 28, 2001
      I am working on the SVG export project...

      Given an entity record the CStuff.EColor attribute specifies the entity
      color (stored as a 'char') value. How can I get the RGB
      color value associated with this color index?

      Thanks,
      Bruce
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 29, 2001
        > Given an entity record the CStuff.EColor attribute specifies the entity
        > color (stored as a 'char') value. How can I get the RGB
        > color value associated with this color index?

        In the current version of CC2 (6.038k) there is no way to access the current
        color palette. However it will use the standard palette unless you have
        loaded a custom one. The standard palette is can be found here:

        http://www.fastcad.com/downloads/PALETTE.CPY

        In version 6.10 (currently a beta) a new XP service is added:

        DWORD * _stdcall GetPalAdr(void);

        It will return a pointer to the 256 DWORD array with RBG values for each
        color index. This will allow a direct lookup without having to worry about
        custom palettes.

        I would suggest using the default palette for now and then adopt the new
        service once the CC2 6.10 is released.

        Peter Olsson
      • Bruce A. Carson
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 30, 2001
          Is there is a C/C++ version of PALETTE.CPY to save me some typing?

          Thanks,
          Bruce

          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 30, 2001
            > Is there is a C/C++ version of PALETTE.CPY to save me some typing?

            I have sent Bruce a copy by private e-mail. If anyone else needs a copy
            please let me know.

            Peter
          • Bruce A. Carson
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 30, 2001
              Peter,

              Given that services are changing, what is the recommended method for the XP
              DLL to tell which version of CC2 it is executing inside? That way our DLL
              can determine whether to get the palette - or not!

              Thanks,
              Bruce

              <------SNIP----------->

              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 31, 2001
                > Given that services are changing, what is the recommended method for the
                XP
                > DLL to tell which version of CC2 it is executing inside? That way our DLL
                > can determine whether to get the palette - or not!

                The current CC2 version is available in MyXP.RunningVer. However if you try
                to use functions that is not exported from CC2 in your DLL, the DLL will
                fail to load when it can't initate the function jump table. Unless there is
                a way to find this export at run-time you will have to decide what versions
                you will support when you compile the XP.

                I'm not sure this is a big issue. Most people downloading an add-on XP will
                have downloaded the latest update as well. The goal is of course to support
                all available versions, but I think this has to be matched against the work
                involved and the functionality you can gain.

                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 31, 2001
                  The way to conditionally run a function is to use the WIN32 GetProcAddress
                  function to get the address. If a non-zero value is returned you can use that
                  as a pointer to call the function. Using this rather convoluted technique,
                  you do not force a requirement for the export to be present, although it is
                  quite tricky
                  to get working in C.

                  Mike Riddle

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 3, 2002
                    We are doing a new version of CC2 with lots of new features. We've been
                    pushing CC2 v6 quite hard, and whilst this new version appears to be stable,
                    it still needs a thorough tst. As soon as I get a decent test version
                    together, I will post a location for it here.
                    Simon
                  • Rell W. Ambrose
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 3, 2002
                      What sort of new features?

                      -Rell W. Ambrose

                      We are doing a new version of CC2 with lots of new features. We've been
                      pushing CC2 v6 quite hard, and whilst this new version appears to be
                      stable,
                      it still needs a thorough tst. As soon as I get a decent test version
                      together, I will post a location for it here.

                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • Ken Snellings
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 3, 2002
                        very much looking forward to it Simon.

                        > We are doing a new version of CC2 with lots of new features. We've been
                        > pushing CC2 v6 quite hard, and whilst this new version appears to be
                        stable,
                        > it still needs a thorough tst. As soon as I get a decent test version
                        > together, I will post a location for it here.
                        > Simon

                      • Christopher Golden
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 3, 2002
                          Simon Rogers wrote:

                          > We are doing a new version of CC2 with lots of new features. We've been
                          > pushing CC2 v6 quite hard, and whilst this new version appears to be stable,
                          > it still needs a thorough tst. As soon as I get a decent test version
                          > together, I will post a location for it here.

                          As are others, I'm eager to try this out. A question -- do
                          the new features include much in the way of changes to the
                          XP toolkit interface?

                          Thanks!
                          Christopher Golden
                          goldencd@...
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 3, 2002
                            > As are others, I'm eager to try this out. A question -- do
                            > the new features include much in the way of changes to the
                            > XP toolkit interface?

                            No. There are a few added XP services to provide support to different user
                            settings. In version 6.10 it is for example possible to read the color table
                            for the current color palette, the clipboard settings and group parts on
                            insertion flag etc. No changes is needed to current XP's.

                            Peter
                          • Bruce A. Carson
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 7, 2002
                              Peter,

                              I tested with the color palette you gave me and the values do not seem to be
                              the actual default colors used by CC2 (I used Options\Current Color...\Use
                              Default PAL to make sure I was using the default palette).
                              The colors did not look right when I saved the drawing as an SVG file and
                              viewed the file in the browser so I
                              then did a screen capture of a color I selected at random:

                              Color #230 (from Default Palette.h is rgb: e30690)
                              From Screen Capture, actual color is: 9404e7

                              Do you have any idea where the discrepency is creeping in?

                              Thanks,
                              Bruce

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 8, 2002
                                Hi Bruce.

                                As I was afraid the color values for R and B are switched. The entry should
                                read 9006e3.
                                The small difference in values is probably due to color matching. It picks
                                the nearest color for display.

                                I found a better declaration in the contour project (see below)

                                Let me know if this doesn't help.

                                Peter

                                DWORD DefaultPalette[256]={
                                0x000000000, // 0 = black
                                0x00000FF00, // 1 = green
                                0x000E00000, // 2 = red
                                0x0000000FF, // 3 = blue
                                0x000FFFF00, // 4 = yellow
                                0x00000FFFF, // 5 = cyan
                                0x000FF00FF, // 6 = magenta
                                0x000AF00FF, // 7 = purple
                                0x000FF6700, // 8 = orange
                                0x0006888FF, // 9 = light blue
                                0x000F89858, // 10 = sand
                                0x000A84800, // 11 = brown
                                0x000888838, // 12 = olive green
                                0x000006838, // 13 = forest green
                                0x000606060, // 14 = grey
                                0x000FFFFFF, // 15 = white

                                0x000100000, // 16 = button face
                                0x000110000, // 17 = button text
                                0x000120000, // 18 = button shadow
                                0x000FFF8E0, // 19 = eggshell paper color

                                0x000008080, // 20
                                0x000E87640, // 21
                                0x000678096, // 22
                                0x000509E65, // 23
                                0x000B1403D, // 24
                                0x000A84A79, // 25
                                0x000408080, // 26
                                0x0004393BE, // 27
                                0x0008080C0, // 28
                                0x000FFF0BD, // 29
                                0x00056ABAB, // 30
                                0x000FFF8E0, // 31

                                0x00025160B, // 32
                                0x000372110, // 33
                                0x000492C15, // 34
                                0x0005B371A, // 35
                                0x0006D421F, // 36
                                0x0007F4D24, // 37
                                0x000915829, // 38
                                0x000A3632E, // 39
                                0x000AD7445, // 40
                                0x000B7855C, // 41
                                0x000C19673, // 42
                                0x000CBA78A, // 43
                                0x000D5B8A1, // 44
                                0x000DFC9B8, // 45
                                0x000E9DACF, // 46
                                0x000F3EBE6, // 47
                                0x000080A3B, // 48
                                0x0000B0B57, // 49
                                0x0000E0C73, // 50
                                0x000110D8F, // 51
                                0x000140EAB, // 52
                                0x000170FC7, // 53
                                0x0001A10E3, // 54
                                0x0001D11FF, // 55
                                0x000362BFF, // 56
                                0x0004F45FF, // 57
                                0x000685FFF, // 58
                                0x0008179FF, // 59
                                0x0009A93FF, // 60
                                0x000B3ADFF, // 61
                                0x000CCC7FF, // 62
                                0x000E5E1FF, // 63
                                0x00003373B, // 64
                                0x000044F57, // 65
                                0x000056773, // 66
                                0x000067F8F, // 67
                                0x0000797AB, // 68
                                0x00008AFC7, // 69
                                0x00009C7E3, // 70
                                0x0000ADFFF, // 71
                                0x00025E2FF, // 72
                                0x00040E5FF, // 73
                                0x0005BE8FF, // 74
                                0x00076EBFF, // 75
                                0x00091EEFF, // 76
                                0x000ACF1FF, // 77
                                0x000C7F4FF, // 78
                                0x000E2F7FF, // 79
                                0x000062E17, // 80
                                0x000084422, // 81
                                0x0000A5A2D, // 82
                                0x0000C7038, // 83
                                0x0000E8643, // 84
                                0x000109C4E, // 85
                                0x00012B259, // 86
                                0x00014C864, // 87
                                0x0002ECE75, // 88
                                0x00048D486, // 89
                                0x00062DA97, // 90
                                0x0007CE0A8, // 91
                                0x00096E6B9, // 92
                                0x000B0ECCA, // 93
                                0x000CAF2DB, // 94
                                0x000E4F8EC, // 95
                                0x0000A3907, // 96
                                0x0000F5509, // 97
                                0x00014710B, // 98
                                0x000198D0D, // 99
                                0x0001EA90F, // 100
                                0x00023C511, // 101
                                0x00028E113, // 102
                                0x0002DFD15, // 103
                                0x00044FD2F, // 104
                                0x0005BFD49, // 105
                                0x00072FD63, // 106
                                0x00089FD7D, // 107
                                0x000A0FD97, // 108
                                0x000B7FDB1, // 109
                                0x000CEFDCB, // 110
                                0x000E5FDE5, // 111
                                0x0002D3A0C, // 112
                                0x00043560F, // 113
                                0x000597212, // 114
                                0x0006F8E15, // 115
                                0x00085AA18, // 116
                                0x0009BC61B, // 117
                                0x000B1E21E, // 118
                                0x000C7FE21, // 119
                                0x000CDFE39, // 120
                                0x000D3FE51, // 121
                                0x000D9FE69, // 122
                                0x000DFFE81, // 123
                                0x000E5FE99, // 124
                                0x000EBFEB1, // 125
                                0x000F1FEC9, // 126
                                0x000F7FEE1, // 127

                                0x0003B3709, // 128
                                0x00057500C, // 129
                                0x00073690F, // 130
                                0x0008F8212, // 131
                                0x000AB9B15, // 132
                                0x000C7B418, // 133
                                0x000E3CD1B, // 134
                                0x000FFE61E, // 135

                                0x000FFE837, // 136
                                0x000FFEA50, // 137
                                0x000FFEC69, // 138
                                0x000FFEE82, // 139

                                0x000FFF09B, // 140
                                0x000FFF2B4, // 141
                                0x000FFF4CD, // 142
                                0x000FFF6E6, // 143
                                0x0003A1D04, // 144
                                0x000562806, // 145
                                0x000723308, // 146
                                0x0008E3E0A, // 147

                                0x000AA490C, // 148
                                0x000C6540E, // 149
                                0x000E25F10, // 150
                                0x000FE6A12, // 151
                                0x000FE7A2C, // 152
                                0x000FE8A46, // 153
                                0x000FE9A60, // 154
                                0x000FEAA7A, // 155
                                0x000FEBA94, // 156
                                0x000FECAAE, // 157
                                0x000FEDAC8, // 158
                                0x000FEEAE3, // 159
                                0x0003A0303, // 160
                                0x000560403, // 161
                                0x000720503, // 162
                                0x0008E0603, // 163
                                0x000AA0703, // 164
                                0x000C60803, // 165
                                0x000E20903, // 166
                                0x000FE0A03, // 167
                                0x000FE251F, // 168
                                0x000FE403B, // 169
                                0x000FE5B57, // 170
                                0x000FE7673, // 171
                                0x000FE918F, // 172
                                0x000FEACAB, // 173
                                0x000FEC7C7, // 174
                                0x000FEE2E3, // 175
                                0x0003A071D, // 176
                                0x000560729, // 177
                                0x000720735, // 178
                                0x0008E0741, // 179
                                0x000AA074D, // 180
                                0x000C60759, // 181
                                0x000E20765, // 182
                                0x000FE0771, // 183
                                0x000FE2280, // 184
                                0x000FE3D8F, // 185
                                0x000FE589E, // 186
                                0x000FE73AD, // 187
                                0x000FE8EBC, // 188
                                0x000FEA9CB, // 189
                                0x000FEC4DA, // 190
                                0x000FEDFE9, // 191
                                0x0003A042B, // 192
                                0x00056063F, // 193
                                0x000720853, // 194
                                0x0008E0A67, // 195
                                0x000AA0C7B, // 196
                                0x000C60E8F, // 197
                                0x000E210A3, // 198
                                0x000FE12B7, // 199
                                0x000FE2CBF, // 200
                                0x000FE46C7, // 201
                                0x000FE60CF, // 202
                                0x000FE7AD7, // 203
                                0x000FE94DF, // 204
                                0x000FEAEE7, // 205
                                0x000FEC8EF, // 206
                                0x000FEE2F7, // 207
                                0x00034063B, // 208
                                0x0004A0757, // 209
                                0x000600873, // 210
                                0x00076098F, // 211
                                0x0008C0AAB, // 212
                                0x000A70BC7, // 213
                                0x000B80CE3, // 214
                                0x000CE0DFF, // 215
                                0x000D327FF, // 216
                                0x000D841FF, // 217
                                0x000DD5BFF, // 218
                                0x000E275FF, // 219
                                0x000E78FFF, // 220
                                0x000ECA9FF, // 221
                                0x000F1C3FF, // 222
                                0x000F6DDFF, // 223
                                0x00024063B, // 224
                                0x000360657, // 225
                                0x000480673, // 226
                                0x0005A068F, // 227
                                0x0006C06AB, // 228
                                0x0007E06C7, // 229
                                0x0009006E3, // 230
                                0x000A206FF, // 231
                                0x000AC21FF, // 232
                                0x000B63CFF, // 233
                                0x000C057FF, // 234
                                0x000CA72FF, // 235
                                0x000D48DFF, // 236
                                0x000DEA8FF, // 237
                                0x000E8C3FF, // 238
                                0x000FFDEF2, // 239
                                0x0001C1C1C, // 240
                                0x000282828, // 241
                                0x000343434, // 242
                                0x000404040, // 243
                                0x0004C4C4C, // 244
                                0x000585858, // 245
                                0x000646464, // 246
                                0x000707070, // 247
                                0x0007F7F7F, // 248
                                0x0008E8E8E, // 249
                                0x0009D9D9D, // 250
                                0x000ACACAC, // 251
                                0x000BBBBBB, // 252
                                0x000CACACA, // 253
                                0x000D9D9D9, // 254
                                0x000E8E8E8, // 255
                                };

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jan 10, 2002
                                  I actually had use for this technique today (thanks Mike!).

                                  If anyone else want to do this, here is the C-code to call GetPalAdr if
                                  present:

                                  typedef DWORD * (_stdcall *PCMDPADR)(void);

                                  void MyFunc(void)
                                  {
                                  PCMDPADR GetPalAdr;
                                  DWORD *CMap;

                                  GetPalAdr=(PCMDPADR)GetProcAddress(MyXP.hMainInst, "_GetPalAdr@0");
                                  if(GetPalAdr)
                                  {
                                  CMap=GetPalAdr();

                                  // Do your stuff

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 12, 2002
                                    Hi :)

                                    What is the command to bypass the dialog for VSETs?

                                    I want to be able to control a large number of different View Sets from a
                                    Navigation Window. I have all of the sets & Named Windows set up but I can't
                                    seem to get the Navigation Windows to actually load any of the sets. I just
                                    get error messages & then the Drawing View Sets dialog box comes up. I just
                                    want to be able to bypass this & directly load a specific set.

                                    Linda
                                  • Linda Kekumu
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jan 12, 2002
                                      Hi again,

                                      I thought I would try another approach, but I am not having any luck :/

                                      Is there a way to select the active View Window through a hotspot? Or
                                      perhaps someone here has an idea of how I can accomplish what I want to do.
                                      CC2 is certainly capable of making the View Sets & Naming different views &
                                      windows but recalling them through hotspots or macros seems to be not
                                      possible. I do not want the users of this map to have to select a View set
                                      or manually change the focus to a different window. I want to be able to
                                      control these actions through a navigation window.

                                      Here's my set-up:

                                      1) 3 basic windows - a main window that contains the map I want people to
                                      see
                                      2) a small window that has a legend in it - this window changes depending on
                                      what sheets they want to view on the map
                                      3) a navigation window that contains the navigation bar - the hotspots to
                                      hide & show sheets & to control the zoom areas of the map in the main
                                      window.

                                      Ok - this sounds like it should be simple to set up. Just make a bunch of
                                      View sets & control them from the navigation window by simply loading the
                                      different View Set depending on what the users picks. I can't figure out how
                                      to bypass the Dialog box :/

                                      So, I thought I would use SELAW to change the views. This works fine for the
                                      main window but how do I switch the focus to the legend window to load a
                                      different view in that window? I don't seem to be able pick a Window by name
                                      & then change it's view. all that happens is that the current window (my
                                      map) loads the legend view :/

                                      Anyway, any suggestions as to what I might do would be appreciated.

                                      Thanks!

                                      Linda
                                    • John Csaky
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jan 12, 2002
                                        Linda,

                                        I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but what I use is ZNAMEM
                                        (Zoom Named View Macro Version which bypasses the dialog.) Then you just
                                        need to have the Button link to the specific Macro.

                                        John ICQ#413920

                                        People would ask me if I am crazy,
                                        I always try to reassure them by
                                        saying,"No! We are definitely not!"

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jan 13, 2002
                                          Hi Linda,

                                          Try VSETM. It is included in the XPCC2.DLL file. The command is a hack to
                                          select from the dialog box. It calls the dialog boz and performs the
                                          selection. To be able to do this it has to be the last command in the action
                                          script. I don't think it is used anywhere so I'm not sure how well it works.

                                          > What is the command to bypass the dialog for VSETs?
                                          >
                                          > I want to be able to control a large number of different View Sets from a
                                          > Navigation Window. I have all of the sets & Named Windows set up but I
                                          can't
                                          > seem to get the Navigation Windows to actually load any of the sets. I
                                          just
                                          > get error messages & then the Drawing View Sets dialog box comes up. I
                                          just
                                          > want to be able to bypass this & directly load a specific set.
                                          >
                                          > Linda

                                        • Linda Kekumu
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jan 13, 2002
                                            Hi Peter,

                                            Thanks! I will give this a try & report back the results :)

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jan 13, 2002
                                              I don't think there is a macro command for that - In fact, VSETs is
                                              missing from V7 because we could find no one who used them. Obviously,
                                              I'll need to rethink that decision, and I'll see what I can do for a
                                              VSETM command.

                                              Mike

                                              Linda Kekumu wrote:

                                              >Hi :)
                                              >
                                              >What is the command to bypass the dialog for VSETs?
                                              >
                                              >I want to be able to control a large number of different View Sets from a
                                              >Navigation Window. I have all of the sets & Named Windows set up but I can't
                                              >seem to get the Navigation Windows to actually load any of the sets. I just
                                              >get error messages & then the Drawing View Sets dialog box comes up. I just
                                              >want to be able to bypass this & directly load a specific set.
                                              >
                                              >Linda

                                            • Linda Kekumu
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jan 13, 2002
                                                eeeep!!

                                                Ok - VSETM as Peter says is in XPCC2 works just fine as long as it is the
                                                last statement in the hotspot text & in the format of VSETM;defaultset; -
                                                note there is no final carriage return after the last ; as is required for
                                                most hotspot commands

                                                With VSETM I was able to set up my 3 windows & am able to control the
                                                contents of the Main map window from the Navigation bar window :) It is
                                                working just great.

                                                Linda Kekumu wrote:

                                                >Hi :)
                                                >
                                                >What is the command to bypass the dialog for VSETs?
                                                >
                                                >I want to be able to control a large number of different View Sets from a
                                                >Navigation Window. I have all of the sets & Named Windows set up but I
                                                can't
                                                >seem to get the Navigation Windows to actually load any of the sets. I just
                                                >get error messages & then the Drawing View Sets dialog box comes up. I just
                                                >want to be able to bypass this & directly load a specific set.
                                                >
                                                >Linda

                                              • Linda Kekumu
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jan 13, 2002
                                                  Hi Mike,

                                                  The only problem with using VSETM is that it is included in XPCC2,
                                                  so........people who get the map & want to view it using the Viewer (this is
                                                  the intended audience!) don't get to see the View Sets because XPCC2 is not
                                                  part of the Viewer. So, I have a wonderful map, set up to be goof proof but
                                                  the people it's intended for can't use it :/

                                                  While VSETM works & does what I want it to, it causes the Dialog Box to
                                                  flash on the screen while it's loading the set, this is a bit annoying but
                                                  it's ok because there isn't any other way to accomplish what I needed to do.

                                                  So, a VSETM that is core would be preferable - especially if it could bypass
                                                  the Dialog box & let me load predefined sets by name without having the
                                                  Dialog box flash on the screen :)