CC2's data structure questions...

  • claudi_p
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2001
      Please,

      I am working in the SVG export project and I have some questions
      that perhaps someone will be able and kind enough to answer:

      - If entity A is in layer X, can entities in A's sublist belong to
      another layer different from X?

      - If entity A is in group X, can entities in A's sublist belong to
      another group different from X?

      - Can groups group entities across layers?

      - What or where can I find all the possible values for line style?
      (i.e. Solid,etc...)

      - What are or where can I find all the possible values for fill-
      style? )i.e. Solid,etc...)

      - How are layer codes mapped to layer names?

      - How are color codes mapped to RGB colors?

      - Is an entity's tag id unique across a CC2 file?

      Thank you very much in advance.

      Claudi.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2001
        Entities in a group use their own layer - the group entity layer
        is ignored.

        Entities in symdefs use their own layer, unless layer=0
        in which case they take the layer of the symREF.

        Entities in other sublists ignore their own layer
        and use that of thier parent.

        An entity can only belong to one group - it can only
        be in one sublist (possibly nested).

        layers are totally independent of groups. A layer is
        an entity property, and a group is a single-entity
        that owns its sublist of entities.

        An entity in a multipoly's sublist that is on layer 0
        is only used to calculate the fill extents - it does not
        define a boundary - this allows the entity to control
        alignment of bitmap fills, etc.

        While much of the above is controversial, it has
        been arrived at through years of testing various conflicting
        approaches, and also to meet compatibility requirements
        when exchanging drawings with DWG/DXF formats.

        Mike

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2001
          more answers:

          The line style, fill style, and layer mappings are defined in their
          respective InfoBlock records. Color in the V6 core unfortunately
          is defined by an externally stored PAL file, and a default one
          in the core - the default one is defined in the toolkit's
          Pallete.cpy file.

          Mike

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2001
            To find the name from an ID there are some nice FastCAD API functions.

            char * _stdcall GetLayerName(int Layer);
            char *XPCALL GetLSName(int ID);
            char *XPCALL GetFSName(int ID);

            If you like some sample code to go through the infoblock manually, please
            let me know.