Re: [cc2-dev-l] SVG Starter - Problem

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 24, 2001
      OUPS!!!

      My mistake. I included the header files from the original toolkit, not my
      modified versions. This currently affects the SVG project, not the
      TestCompile. However the updated header files will be useful for later
      projects.

      Since Simon isn't working today I have uploaded a new version to:
      http://www.pkdata.se/xp/download/

      How many has got this toolkit installation to work?

      Peter
    • Bruce A. Carson
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 24, 2001
        It is working perfectly now!

        Bruce

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 27, 2001
          Still having problems making the test xp. It has to do with setting
          up Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.

          I was wondering if it would be easier to place the *.h files and the
          rest in the folders that are normally accessed by MSV when compiling
          and building than changing all the Project Settings.

          Anna

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 27, 2001
            Hi Anna.

            In the short term perspective it could be easier to just copy the header
            files, but in the long run it is easier to setup the directories properly so
            you can find and update the files later.

            If you install the starting project in the default directory C:\FCWXP the
            project should be all setup to work properly. If you install in any other
            path you need to change some settings:

            For include files:

            Go to Project -> Settings... -> C/C++ -> Category Preprocessor ->
            Additional include directories and update the path to the correct location.

            For library files:

            Go to Project -> Settings... -> Link -> Object/library path and update the
            path for FCW32.LIB.

            It is also possible to change the global directory settings for VC++ in
            Tools -> Options... -> Directories

            Update "Include files" and "Library files" with the xpdev directory.

            To change the directory for your CC2 installation follow the readme included
            in the setup.

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 27, 2001
              VC6 is a bit of a pain to get set up, but if you're going to work on
              many XP projects, it needs to be mastered. I myself still find
              it anoying, as they have very little documentation on how
              the product works - we mostly learn by trial and error and
              exploring their help files. I can only recommend patience.

              Mike

              Peter Olsson wrote:

              > Hi Anna.
              >
              > In the short term perspective it could be easier to just copy the header
              > files, but in the long run it is easier to setup the directories properly so
              > you can find and update the files later.
              >
              > If you install the starting project in the default directory C:\FCWXP the
              > project should be all setup to work properly. If you install in any other
              > path you need to change some settings:
              >
              > For include files:
              >
              > Go to Project -> Settings... -> C/C++ -> Category Preprocessor ->
              > Additional include directories and update the path to the correct location.
              >
              > For library files:
              >
              > Go to Project -> Settings... -> Link -> Object/library path and update the
              > path for FCW32.LIB.
              >
              > It is also possible to change the global directory settings for VC++ in
              > Tools -> Options... -> Directories
              >
              > Update "Include files" and "Library files" with the xpdev directory.
              >
              > To change the directory for your CC2 installation follow the readme included
              > in the setup.
              >
              > Peter

            • Bruce A. Carson
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 27, 2001
                Anna,

                If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you visit a book store and
                pick up a book on Visual C++. There are a great many good books on the
                subject - that are actually fairly well-written.

                As Mike Riddle suggests in a later e-mail, you should use the:

                TOOLS->OPTIONS->DIRECTORIES menu/tab to add the XP development .h files you
                the include search path and use the drop-down that appears on that screen to
                include the directory that contains the fcw32.lib file.

                Then edit the:
                PROJECT->SETTINGS->LINK menu/tab and remove the hard-coded path the
                fcw32.lib.
                Also on this same tab is the "output" file name. If CC2 is installed in a
                non-default directory you will have to change this. Additionally the DEBUG
                tab of this dialog box will also have to be changed if CC2 is not in C:\CC2.

                NOTE: This project "makes" a debug DLL. In order to build the "release"
                version you need to use the menu:
                BUILD->SET ACTIVE CONFIGURATION
                The PROJECT->SETTINGS you choose above must also be setup for the release
                version or it will fail to build.

                HTH,
                Bruce