Re: [cc2-dev-l] DLSave & DLPack

  • Max Skibinsky
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2001
      > You could write your own version of DLSave, writing the file header block, all of the infoblocks,
      > and every record....

      I considered that option - that in fact is the point i started from. However, if i understood your
      recent message correctly - infoblocks are not scanable in v6. not sure how to write my own save
      function without scanning infoblocks.

      > you may add to the database, and if you do, you must write an XP to handle them. These
      > become custom entities, and custom entity support should be added for them unless they
      > represent non-drawing/non-picking data accessed via some command in your XP.

      Thats exactly the case. I store in custom entity encrypted block with map author signature (name,
      contact info, map name, map version, map comments, etc) . They are absolutely invisible in CC2, but
      visible in Overseer as fixed stamps of authorship of given map/adventure.

      Thanks for the advice, i will take a look how to change from my data blocks custom ET_*** to ET_XP
      records.

      - Max