Infoblocks

  • Max Skibinsky
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2001
      Hi All,

      V6 question - is there any way to scan infoblocks in current drawing (in memory). As far as i
      understood DLScan won't give you the infoblocks, right?

      - Max
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2001
        The DLGetIBAdr function will return the address of a given infoblock, and
        DLSetIBAdr will replace it with a new record. In V6 they are not scannable
        records, nor can you add custom infoblocks. IBMGR.CPY lists the
        allowed infoblock types.

        Mike

        Max Skibinsky wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > V6 question - is there any way to scan infoblocks in current drawing (in memory). As far as i
        > understood DLScan won't give you the infoblocks, right?
        >
        > - Max

      • Max Skibinsky
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2001
          > The DLGetIBAdr function will return the address of a given infoblock, and
          > DLSetIBAdr will replace it with a new record. In V6 they are not scannable
          > records, nor can you add custom infoblocks. IBMGR.CPY lists the
          > allowed infoblock types.

          Thanks! In such case - is there any way to save current drawing as FCW file into memory buffer? I'm
          thinking how to make CC2 -> Overseer link more efficient. Current option is to save say 5 Mb map
          into file, then reload and decode the same file from disk in CO, and create exactly the same emory
          image in CO is just waiste of time and memory.... If i could save directly to memory, this memory
          can be piped to CO directly..

          - Max