3rd Edition Rules?

  • straykat@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2001
      Greetings all,

      Forgive me if this information is posted somewhere, but I was
      curious to know if the software was going to be re-modified to cover
      the new 3rd Edition D&D rules?
      A little bit of information about why I'm asking: I'm writing a
      series of fantasy books very loosely based on the 3rd Edition D&D
      rulesets.
      After a few chapters I realized that I really needed to create a
      world map to fit the storyline, so I can help my readers (and myself)
      understand where the characters are, and where they're going as the
      story unfolds.
      I was going to wait until the Master Tools came out later this
      year, but then I stumbled upon the CC2 webpage this evening. So far,
      I'm very encouraged by what I've seen and read, but if I'm going to
      commit myself to this program, I need to know where it's heading.
      Thank you for your excellent work so far, your time reading this
      message, and your patience with me while I stumble about learning the
      tips and tricks.

      Sincerely,

      Rev. Brian Paradis
    • Linda Kekumu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2001
        Aloha Brian,

        I'm not sure what you mean. As far as CC2 goes it doesn't make any
        difference whether you play 1st, 2nd, 3rd edition or Sci Fi or Middle
        Earth - all games need maps & maps are measured in feet or miles so the
        specific genre is irrelevant to making a map. A tree in 2nd edition will
        (hopefully) still look like a tree in 3rd edition.

        If you are referring to the FR Interactive Atlas, then that's a bit
        different story. We produced the Atlas for WotC, we would like to see them
        update it for 3rd edition.

        Linda Kekumu, ProFantasy Software Ltd.
        CC2 web site http://www.profantasy.com

        "If you make the DM laugh so hard that coffee comes out her nose, we die."
        "You know that, don’t you???”