Map notes

  • Lord Max
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2001
      I just found under CC2 "Info" menu option "Map notes". Are they
      stored with FCW file, and if yes - in what kinda of entity? Now that
      would be a perfect place to save some our 3D specific map settings...

      - Lord Max
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 6, 2001
        They are stored as entities in the FCW-file. The entities have type ET_NOTE
        (0x81). They can store a name and a multiline string.

      • Max Skibinsky
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 6, 2001
          > They are stored as entities in the FCW-file. The entities have type ET_NOTE
          > (0x81). They can store a name and a multiline string.

          Thanks! Sounds perfect, but where do i get the header with structure?

          - Lord Max
        • Joe Slayton
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 6, 2001
            I use the following to output notes from FT:

            // output the basic map notes
            {

            struct MapNotes {
            CSTUFF CStuff;
            short pad; // not sure why this is there, but it is
            char Title[32];
            // char Data[]; // data goes after the data items
            }; // MapNotes

            CString s;
            s.Format("Map exported from Fractal Terrains drawing.\r\n"
            "Symbol Scale: %0.2f", BaseScale);

            int nLen = sizeof(MapNotes) + s.GetLength() + 1;

            char* pc = new char[nLen];
            MapNotes* pn = reinterpret_cast<MapNotes*>(pc);
            ::ZeroMemory(pc, nLen);

            pn->CStuff.ERLen = nLen;
            pn->CStuff.EType = (char) 0x81; // map notes type
            pn->CStuff.EColor = (char) 1;
            pn->CStuff.EColor2 = (char) 1;
            pn->CStuff.ELayer = (short) 1;
            strcpy(pn->Title, "Map Notes");
            strcpy(&pc[sizeof(MapNotes)], (PCSTR) s);

            fwrite(pc, 1, nLen, pCallback->outf);

            delete pc;

            }

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 6, 2001
              short pad is in actuality

              char NoteVer = 0;
              char flags = 0;

              both provided for future use, and both required to be set to 0.
              Mike

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 6, 2001
                Thanks All!

                Another question. (i do understand chances are slim, but will ask just in case). Is there any code
                or anything to parse FastCad macro language? And not in CC2, in standalone app. I plan to support
                LOADM hotspots, but if there any code which will make it easy to support other types of macros it
                would be very cool.

                - Lord Max
              • Max Skibinsky
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 7, 2001
                  Hi!

                  Yet one more "just making sure" type of questions.

                  There is no way i can include comments into hotspot macro text? I plan to use set of "GW name value"
                  entires instead - CC2 will ignore my variables, and our soft will process them - but comments would
                  be even better for this....

                  - Lord Max
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 7, 2001
                    There is no way to add comments inside a macro. In a macro file you can add
                    them outside the MACRO - ENDM lines. Some people add comments in macros
                    with:

                    GL Dummy Comment goes here.

                    But no there is no standard way of doing it.

                  • Max Skibinsky
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 7, 2001
                      > GL Dummy Comment goes here.
                      > But no there is no standard way of doing it.

                      GL is indeed better then GW i was planning to use, thanks for the tip!

                      - Max
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 9, 2001
                        The other type of hotspot to support would be the OPENDOC hotspot, for
                        launching other registered document types. These are very versatile.
                        Simon