Re: [cc2-dev-l] Re: FCW compressed files

  • Bradd W. Szonye
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 24, 2001
      On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 09:50:01AM -0800, Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
      > The steps [to decompress an FCW] are:
      > 1. Extract and save the FCW file ID header.
      > 2. Wrap the compressed stream with a ZIP header and central directory.
      > 3. Decompress with PKZIP.
      > 4. Re-attach the data to the FCW header.
      >
      > The tricky part is to do it in such a way that PKZIP doesn't leave
      > droppings all over the place.

      Well, that turned out not to be the tricky part after all. On the
      surface, the files appear to decompress correctly, but when I try to
      actually read the FC chunks, it falls apart. There are corrupted bits
      here and there, and the files appear to get truncated slightly. Unless I
      make some sort of radical breakthrough, it looks like I'm going to need
      to leave this alone for now. Oh well -- I have lots of other projects
      I'm working on.

      Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up! (Assuming, of course, that anyone
      other than me is interested in this.)
      --
      Bradd W. Szonye Hewlett-Packard: Home:
      Software Engineer bradd@... bradds@...