Re: [cc2-dev-l] RG_NONE

  • Bruce Carson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 16, 2001
      Bob,

      The built-in VB API only lets you save settings to specific area of the registry.  It is meant to be relatively safe so that beginners can't blow away their entire registry.  Unfortunately when you want to manipulate registry entries not controlled by your program (as Chris does) you must use the native APIs.
      He isn't the one storing the original RG_NONE, he is just looking to read one that is already stored and perhaps update it.  In order to make sure compatibility with the program that originally stored the value he wants to make sure that the type remains RG_NONE.

      Bruce