CStuff.Tag

  • Lord Max
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2001
      Hi All!

      Question: is Tag a unique ID of each entity? (on given map)

      "unique ID" i would define as:
      1) There is no 2 entities with same Tag value on same map
      2) New added entities have new Tag values
      3) All modification (e.g. not add or delete) operations with entities
      will never change Tag value of existing entities.

      - Max
      RO Fellow
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2001
        It is intended to be. There have been bugs with this, all known of which
        were fixed in 6.038.
        Mike

        Lord Max wrote:

        > Hi All!
        >
        > Question: is Tag a unique ID of each entity? (on given map)
        >
        > "unique ID" i would define as:
        > 1) There is no 2 entities with same Tag value on same map
        > 2) New added entities have new Tag values
        > 3) All modification (e.g. not add or delete) operations with entities
        > will never change Tag value of existing entities.
        >
        > - Max
        > RO Fellow

      • Max Skibinsky
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2001
          Thanks! Thats all i need to know, just wanted to verify this is the right field for reliable object
          ID.

          - Max

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2001
            > Thanks! Thats all i need to know, just wanted to verify this is
            > the right field for reliable object
            > ID.

            I'm using the tag # to as a sort of cross reference in one application. We
            have had a lot of trouble with drawings imported in earlier versions of
            FastCAD. It got that far that I wrote a command to reassign all the tag #'s
            for drawings showing tag problem symptoms and made the cross reference
            function allow for double tag #'s. Please keep in mind that XP's can mess up
            the tag #'s as well (it is not only FastCAD).

            I wouldn't be suprised if there were some tag # problems in the CC2 template
            files since a lot of them have their origin way back. If you are using these
            numbers in your export function you might want to think about reassigning
            them yourself if you run into problems.

            Peter
          • Max Skibinsky
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 14, 2001
              I will keep that in mind, but fortunately our use of tags for now will be very minimal. Basicaly we
              really need only tags of SYMREFs, and not all of them, but only the ones selected by users as map
              link points. On whole map it would be just 10-20 such objects at best.... The idea we are playing
              with right now (don't know will it make into City Overseer 3D release or not) is that user can
              select some buildings (SYMREFs) on the map and assign another 3D map to them. So when you click such
              bulding RO will load say dungone map of building floors, or if you click city gates it will load
              overland map, etc. I need to tie this activation thing to something permanent for the map, so if
              user changes CC2 map later, all his RO assigments won't disappear....

              Max
              RO