New Intercom lesson

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2000
      Hi All,

      I've added a new lesson on the Dev-Zone on Intercom. If you have any
      questions, just ask!

      Lee
    • Joe Slayton
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2000
        Did you use the intercom code from CR2 or the FR Atlas Globe?
        The older CR2 code had to have CC2 running before the program
        could connect reliably.
        Joe Slayton

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 18, 2000
          Hi Joe,

          Unlike C/C++ programs that add the intercom functionality code to every
          program, we've been using a 'C' dll called VBIntercom.dll. This dll was
          written before your code changes for the FR Atlas Globe. So, to answer your
          question, we are using the original code designed for the Core Rules 2 CD.

          If I remember correctly, wasn't your new code written in C++?

          Everyone,

          Since this is an issue, I would suggest that you have a macro that starts
          your app from CC2 to insure that the connection is established correctly.

          Lee

          > Did you use the intercom code from CR2 or the FR Atlas Globe?
          > The older CR2 code had to have CC2 running before the program
          > could connect reliably.
          >
          > Joe Slayton
        • Joe Slayton
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 18, 2000
            --- In cc2-dev-l@egroups.com, "L. Lee Saunders" <saunderl@h...> wrote:
            > Hi Joe,
            >
            > Unlike C/C++ programs that add the intercom functionality code
            > to every program, we've been using a 'C' dll called
            > VBIntercom.dll. This dll was written before your code
            > changes for the FR Atlas Globe. So, to answer your question,
            > we are using the original code designed for the Core Rules 2 CD.
            >
            > If I remember correctly, wasn't your new code written in C++?

            I think it was C code, but in a .cpp file. All that should be
            required is just to compile the routines into a DLL. I can do
            that if you'd like.
            Just thought I'd bring up a point that caused me a fair amount
            of pain at one point. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it
            wouldn't.

            Joe Slayton