952Re: [cc2-dev-l] FCW->SVG XP Alpha 1 Release

  • Remy Monsen
    Apr 15, 2012
      I gave this a quick test, and it produced some nice results.
      Obviously, it has the issues you already mentioned, but I noticed a
      few things:

      1. Size: Stuff that aren't village sized or larger comes out
      ridiculously small. Even with the max zoom in firefox, I was barely
      able to make out the features. IE allowed me to zoom a bit more

      2. Aligned hatch fills. I did a few tests with perspectives drawings,
      and while the hatch fills that lays flat (on the ground and top of
      walls) worked perfectly fine, the same fill styles when angled to fit
      the walls did not. (See http://home.broadpark.no/~cc3/inn.SVG [35MB]
      (Remember to zoom in) - PNG from original map:
      http://home.broadpark.no/~cc3/inn.PNG )
      Note that the server does not serve the correct content type for svg
      files, so you might need to download it rather than view it directly
      in your browser from the site.

      > The plugin can be activated by running SAVEAS from the CC3 command
      > prompt -- sadly, it does not appear to be available if you use the File
      > menu's "Save As..." option. The save dialog should have an SVG option.
      I believe that this is because the Save As command from the menu isn't
      really the save as dialog at all, it is the export dialog, and it has
      it's own list of file type filters.

      Remy Monsen