951FCW->SVG XP Alpha 1 Release

  • BC Holmes
    Apr 14, 2012
      Hi,

      Per my previous email, I finally got my XP working. It certainly
      doesn't handle everything correctly, but I'd consider it an unstable
      alpha version.

      Here are some of the things that it doesn't yet support:

      1. Raster images of any kind
      2. Fill styles, other than standard solid fills
      3. Text placement is a little bit off, and no real Font support
      4. Special effects like shadows or glows
      5. Limited support for sheets and no support for layers
      6. Line styles (e.g. dashed lines)

      I think it does a pretty good job of:

      1. Symbols and symbol usage
      2. Most items you'd expect to see in a vector diagram
      3. Multipolys and Splines

      In general, it supports CC2 diagrams better than CC3 diagrams -- I've
      certainly had a lot more examples to test with that were created with CC2.

      I'd certainly welcome an alpha tester or two who was interested in
      giving the first version a whirl. Obviously, at this point, I can't
      promise that it'll produce good results. I'm 90% sure that it won't
      crash your system, but obviously that's not 100%.

      If you're interested, I've uploaded the XP DLL to my web site, here:

      http://bcholmes.org/FcwToSvg/Fcw2Svg-alpha1.zip

      This zip file contains a DLL that you can drop into your ProFantasy/CC3
      directory. (AFTER YOU RUN A VIRUS SCAN ON IT BECAUSE, HEY, YOU DON'T
      KNOW ME FROM ADAM!)

      The plugin can be activated by running SAVEAS from the CC3 command
      prompt -- sadly, it does not appear to be available if you use the File
      menu's "Save As..." option. The save dialog should have an SVG option.
      On the machine I was testing with, the save seemed to take about 4
      seconds for the diagrams I tested.

      I should have some more features added in in a few days.

      BCing you
      --
      B.C. Holmes \u2625 http://www.bcholmes.org/
      "All my life I've wanted to be somebody; I guess I should've been